Today we're going to play with Another Aquapainter Background Wash. We looked at this technique on Tuesday and it is so much fun that I just had to do another project with it.
If you recall some stampers were having trouble getting a nice background wash with the ink...so we are just adding some ink drops to the aqua painter barrel, filling with water and swishing the brush across the cardstock. I find the bigger aqua painter brush works nicely for the broad strokes of the wash.
I used Pacific Point re-inker today and I want to keep the background showing as much as possible so I used the silhouette from Sihlouette Scenes for this card...isn't that backgroun awesome?
I'll give you the directions to create this card below and following that is the list of supplies you'll need. Just hit the Shop Now button or click on one of the product images below and you'll be in my store. Remember...
*Use your Bonus Day coupons before the end of August.
*If you place an online order and use this month's Host code (BW6M6NHM) you'll receive $5 in Stampin'Up! product from me for each $50 in product that you purchase.
1. Cut 4 1/4 X 11 Thick Whisper White cardstock, score long side at 5 1/2 (card base)
2. Cut Whisper White cardstock 5 3/8 X 4 1/8; run through Beads & Baubles embossing folder; adhere to card base with liquid glue
3. Add 10 drops of Pacific Point re-inker to the large aqua painter barrel and fill with water. Mix well. Cut Shimmery White cardstock 3 1/8 X 4 3/8. Swish the brush horizontally across the cardstock---there will most likely be some white and overlapping darker areas---this is intentional and adds a lot of interest to the background.
4. Cut 3 1/4 X 4 1/2 Pacific Point cardstock, adhere to painted cardstock with liquid glue; adhere this unit to card base with liquid glue.
5. Stamp verse (from Silhouette Scenes) in Stazon ink to Whisper White cardstock 1 X 1 3/4; adhere to card front with dimensionals.
6. Adhere rhinestones to card front.
Your card is ready for sending!
Below are the supplies you'll need for this card. Click on one of the product images below and you'll be in my store. Order your supplies now: