Do you want to see a "Brilliant" Kaleidoscope? Did you know a group of butterflies is called a Kaleidoscope? What a fun name for a bunch of butterflies--so I thought this card fit that description very well.
The background is that beautiful Butterfly Bijou Designer Series paper--with a definite Kaleidoscope of butterflies. Using two of the watercolor designer papers for the under-butterflies, I cut two of the butterfly overlays in white to top them off.
With most of the hard work done for you with that lovely designer paper, this card takes only minutes to assemble but looks much more difficult.
Let me remind you of the "brilliant idea" we discussed last week. Let's say you want to create 10 cards using just one of those six butterflies in the single stamp---what can you do so that you don't have to stamp all 6 butterflies?
Here's a Brilliant Idea--purchase a separate stamp set ($17), cut apart the butterflies--- each is a completely separate image. Now you can stamp each one singly leaving the other stamp whole to stamp all 6 at one time! "Brilliant", right?
Until May 3rd you can purchase this bundle (stamps and dies) after May 3rd it will appear in the new annual catalog. The designer paper and the Specialty paper will not be available after May 3rd.
The brochure for these products can be downloaded by clicking here Download 02.02.21_FLYER_OOP_Q1_NA butterfly collection
We're also having a zoom class featuring this set of dies and creating 12 awesome cards on April 24th! Want to sign up--contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Remember if you place an online order using this month's host code (7AUSB7HQ) you'll receive $5 in Stampin'Up! products (I choose) for each $50 in product that you order.
1. Cut Thick Basic White cardstock 8 1/2 X 5 1/2, score the long side at 4 1/4 (card base).
2. Cut designer paper (Butterfly Bijou) 5 3/8 X 4 1/8; adhere to card front with liquid glue
3. Cut Basic White cardstock 1 1/2 X 3 1/4; stamp verse (Happy Thoughts) in black ink (e.g. Memento).
4. Cut 3 3/8 X 1 5/8 Pool Party cardstock; adhere to back of verse with liquid glue.
5. Cut 2 3/4 X 4 1/4 Vellum cardstock & adhere to card front with glue dots placed at lease 1" from the outer edges (so they will be hidden behind the verse).
6. Adhere the verse unit to the center of the vellum with glue dots.
7. Die cut two medium sized solid butterflies one each from the pink water color & from the blue watercolor papers; cut the corresponding butterfly overlays from white card stock. Adhere the overlays to the pink/blue solid die cuts with glue dots under the butterfly bodies. Adhere the butterflies to the card using glue dots.
8. Adhere one large and two small Cabana Artistry Blooms sequins around the verse (see photo).
Your card is ready for sending!
Supply List: Click on any product image below & you'll be in my store--order your supplies today: