Yes, this DIY will probably take you 5 minutes longer than Tuesdays--that's why I called it Another DIY 10 minute card!
This is another quick card created with the Project Life by Stampin'up! cards. These are those cards we use to create quick photo memory albums by slipping the cards and pictures into the pocketed pages. The nice thing about these cards is that you can select the card that matches the person or event that you are creating the card for.
Here's today's card.
All of you who hate making bows (like the card on Tuesday) will love this one because there are no knots, no bows....just some of the cute pompom trim and all you do is glue it on--it just screams festive!
Also, today, we're using the Duo Celebration folder which DEBOSSES--this means the imprint goes into the paper instead of on top of the paper. And we use a stamp in the new Happy Celebrations stamp set to highlight the debossed image of "celebrate." See the white celebrate and over it is stamped the Flirty Flamingo background stamp--the debossed image stays white and it is highlighted in wonderful color!
The fun part of using the Project Life cards and being able to use select colors--this card can be great for guys or gals, righe? Just selcet the Garden Green ink and--pow! A great guy card!
I'm going to give you step by step directions followed by the supply list so you can order what you need by hitting the Shop Now button at the top of this page.
1. Use the host code ATDBYAPN for your online order this month and for each purchase of $50 (product) your name will be entered in a drawing for $50 Stampin'Up! gift certificate.
2. Sale-a-bration is on! For each $50 in product that you purchase...you select a free item from the Sale-a-bration mini catalog--stamps, designer paper, card tin, card kit and more!
Here's how to create this cute card:
1. Cut a piece of Daffodil Delight cardstock 4 1/4 X 11, score at 5 1/2 on the long side (this is your cardbase)
2. Cut one of the Project Life cards at 3" on the 6" side which gives you a 3 X 4 card. Adhere this to the card front using multipurpose liquid glue leaving 1/8" border on both sides and the bottom.
3. Cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock 2 1/4 X 4; using the Celebrate folder (Duo Celebration set of folders) deboss the white cardstock by running through the Big Shot...be sure you can read the word when you place the cardstock in the folder--then you are sure it will read correctly after you deboss it with the Big Shot. (the sandwich is: Big Shot platform, cutting pad, folder with cardstock enclosed, 2nd cutting pad on top)
4. Using the background stamp (Happy Celebrations stamp set), stamp gently but firmly with Flirty Flamingo ink over the debossed word. Adhere this to the top of the card front with liquid glue leaving 1/8" border on both sides and the top.
5. Adhere 3 gold star Metallic enamel dots around the Celebrate
6. Cut a 4" piece of white pompom trim and adhere this with liquid glue where the card and the White cardstock meet.
Your card is completed! Let me see your creations with these Project Life cards.
Here's the supply list--use the Shop Now button at the top of the page to order your supplies now