Today we're creating a really fun card with a Pop Up Rainbow of Colors. It's a very simple design but the Wow factor is that awesome pop up of all the elements on the card front!
Here's a side view so you can really see how terrific that looks all popped up:
The rainbow of colors on both the words and the balloons is from the new Rainbow Glimmer paper...the colors range from deep red to deep purple...it's a graduation of colors each flowing into the next one that gives this fantastic rainbow--you can select any combo of colors you want simply by placing your die in the color zone that you want to capture.
The Pup Up is accomplished with the new Foam Adhesive Sheets...it's like having a sheet that is one big dimensional. Working with it is just the same as working with the regular dimensionals except that you want to adhere the cardstock to the sheet before putting it through the die cut machine--this way you cut the adhesive foam at the same time you are cutting the cardstock (in this case we're using glimmer paper).
I'll give you the simple steps to follow below as well as how to create the card. Following the directions you'll find the supply list--use that to order what you'll need to create this card.
If you place an online order using this month's Host Code (TA9QZXJ3) you'll receive $5 in Stampin'Up! product (selected by me) for each $50 in product that you purchase. Also, the month of July is Bonus Days with Stampin'Up! and you'll receive a $5 coupon via email from SU for each $50 in product that you purchase.
1. Cut Thick Whisper White cardstock 4 1/4 X 11, score long side at 5 1/2 (card base).
2. Cut Coastal Cabana cardstock 5 X 3 3/4; adhere to card front with liquid glue.
3. Cut Whisper White cardstock 4 7/8 X 3 5/8; run through Parisian Flourish folder, adhere to cabana layer with liquid glue.
4. Cut adhesive sheet to approximate die size (Day from Word Wishes)
5. Cut a piece of Rainbow Glimmer paper the size of the adhesive piece
6. Remove backing from adheseive sheet and adhere Glimmer paper. Place die over glimmer paper and run through die cut machine.
7. Check backing to assure good cut through the layers; remove the backing and ahere to card front.
8. Repeat these steps for Birthday and for the Balloons (Happy Dies)
9. Cut 2 "strings" from the Happy dies fron Coastal Cabana cardstock; add one long string beside the Happy and cut the second balloon string to meet the first one. Adhere these strings with liquid glue.
Your card is ready for sending!
Supplies: Click on any product image below and you'll be in my store. Order your supplies now: