Today we're creating Week 2 (Part 2) of Christmas Featuring Stampin'Up! Beary Cute Bundle including a cool tip below. Tuesday we created a very cute Christmas card with this set...if you missed it check it out here Beary Cute Christmas Card.
Today's project is a treat holder...
a bit closer...
We created the long strip from The Old Olive striped design (Beary Christmas DSP). We used the Very Best Trio punch to give the top corners a very special design. Then using different corner of the punch we made the ribbon slit.
The sides were created using the Old Olive cardstock to coordiate with the designer paper.
The tree outline is stamped on white cardstock and the overlay is in Mossy Meadow--the darker color makes the tree pop.
To enhance the tree image we place a Very Vanilla stitched circle behind it.
The tree ornaments are theiricescent discs. Tip: if you need more red ones, overcolor them with a Dark Cherry Cobbler Blend (or Dark Real Red).
The top of the tree is adorned with a large Star Trinket.
The top is held together with red ribbon tied with a bow of gold cord.
I'll give you step by step directions for today's project below followed by the supply list.
Stop by next week to see what set we're playing with then!
*Use this month's regular host code (CT9QZ26K) you can earn $5 in Stampin'Up! product (I choose) for every $50 in product (excludes shipping & tax).
1. Cut Old Olive striped design (Beary Christmas DSP) 2 X 8"; score long side at 3 1/2 from both ends.
*Holding the 2 top ends together, insert into Very Best punch -- punch the right corners; flip over & punch the left corners.
*Still holding the top ends together insert into the ribbon slit corner of the punch & punch.
2. Cut two end pieces 1 X 2" from Old olive; score long side at 1/2" from each end. Form a U with one strip & using Tear & Tape adhere the outside of the first arm of the U to the inside of the DSP as close to the first score line as you can --then repeat with the other arm of the U adhering it to the opposite arm of the DSP...this forms the "side" of the chocolate trough. Repeat with the other end piece on the other side of the holder.
3. Die cut 1 5/8" stitched circle (Stylish Shapes) from Very Vanilla cardstock; adhere to front of holder.
4. On Very Vanilla cardstock stamp tree outline in black ink; stamp overlay in Mossy Meadow ink (#147111); hand cut.
*Adhere 4 Iridescent Discs to tree; top tree with large Star Trinket.
*Adhere tree to front over circle with dimensionals.
5. Cut approximately 4" red ribbon, slide through ribbon slit; cut approximately 7" gold cord--tie around base of the 2 ends of red ribbon in a bow.
Fill with candy & your treat holder is ready for giving!
Supplies: Click on any image below & order your supplies now!
161954 Iridescent Discs