Today we're in Week #1 of Christmas Featuring Stampin'Up! Merry & Bright Bundle. Each week for 6 weeks we'll feature a set from the Stampin'Up! holiday mini catalog--creating cards, tags, 3D and giftables...you'll want to catch every Tuesday & Thursday so you won't miss any of the projects.
Note: if you want a reminder in your inbox when a new project is posted--click on the Blog Newsletter button and you'll receive a note and the link directly to the post.
This week we are creating with the Merry & Bright Bundle
Today's creation is a card with tons of pizzazz...
Today's card strings those bright Christmas light bulbs across the page in Melon Mambo and Granny Apple Green foil---they are accented with small rhinestones to add to their sparkle and shine.
The background is also super bright with a bed of white stars on Crushed Curry using the Merry Bold & Bright Designer Series Paper. This set is definitely names appropriately--each paper is a bold and colorful design.
After adding the "oh what fun" greeting down the center I just knew I needed another touch to ratchet this to the next level--yep, there it was--one of the star trinkets in the upper right corner just added that touch of shiny gold that was the finishing touch.
I'll give you step by step directions for today's card below followed by the supply list.
Stop by next week to see what set we're playing with then!
*Place an order using the special host code (QZZ3RNXY) you'll receive the free November card kit with a $35 order or with a $50 order you can also receive a packet of embellishments. Deadline to place order 11-10-23
*Use this month's regular host code (CT9QZ26K) you can earn $5 in Stampin'Up! product (I choose) for every $50 in product (excludes shipping & tax).
1. Cut Thick Basic White cardstock 4 1/4 X 11, score long side at 5 1/2 (card base).
2. Cut Basic White cardstock 4 1/8 X 5 3/8; put through 'crosshatch' folder (Basic 3D folers - online Exclusive products).
3. Cut Shaded Spruce 3 5/8 X 4 7/8; adhere to card front.
4. Cut Designer paper (Merry Bold & Bright) 3 1/2 X 4 3/4; adhere to Spruce layer.
5. Die cut light strands & five bulb ends from Shaded Spruce
6. Die cut three light bulbs from Melon Mambo and two from Granny Apple foil,
*Adhere the strands (cut to size), the bulbs, and the bulb ends as shown in photo
*Adhere 1 small Basic Jewel Rhinestones to each bulb.
7. Stamp Oh What Fun in black ink through the center
8. Adhere 1 large Star Trinket in the upper right corner.
9. Cut two pieces of 7" gold cord (Simply Elegant Trim); tie in bows and adhere to top of bulb ends (see photo) with glue dots.
Your card is ready for sending!
Supplies: click on any image below you'll be in my store--order your supplies now!
161953 Melon Mambo & Granny Apple Green Foil
161945 Merry Bold & Brighe Designer Series Paper