Today we're Creating Another Beauty with Stampin'Up! Nested Friends Stamps & Dies. Tuesday our card centered around a gorgeous circle of sunshine....if you missed it check it out here Tuesday's Card.
Today's card is combining a recent technique we learned in which we create a designer paper in the color we need for a specific card.... here's today's card...
The lovely designer paper was created using Coastal Cabana cardstock with an overlay of Basics Vellum...this gives us that leafy image behind the central focus as if we are actually in a tree. We simply glue dot the vellum to the cardstock & ...our own designer paper.
We built the nest just as we did Tuesday, except this time our focal image is that sweet bird. We stamped the image on Pool Party cardstock--allowing us to have color without "coloring." However we did use Dark Pool Party Blend on the outer feathers adding some interest to the bird.
The gold border is created with the Desert Details die---so sorry to see that die retire--it complements so many images...however, I'm sure we'll find some new dies to 'die' for! LOL
Stop back by next week and see what our next Monthly Free Class will be featuring!!
I'll give you step by step directions below followed by the supply list.
*If you use this month's host code (EJGVWQK7) you can earn $5 in Stampin'Up! product (I choose) for every $50 in product that you order (excludes shipping & tax).
1. Cut Thick Basic White cardstock 8 1/2 X 5 1/2, score long side at 4 1/4 (card base).
*Put card front (only) through Timber folder.
2. Cut Coastal Cabana cardstock 2 1/2 X 4 1/2
*Cut Basic Vellum (leaf design) 2 1/2 X 4 1/2; adhere to Coastal layer with glue dots at the corners and one in the middle. Adhere this layer to card front with glue.
3. Cut Basic White cardstock 3/4 X 2 1/2; stamp verse in Memento; adhere to card front with dimensionals (see sample).
4. Die cut solid nest from Crumb Cake, detailed nest from Early Espresso, & leaves from Garden Green. Adhere the nests together with glue & to card front with glue dots. Adhere 3 leaf sprigs around nest (see sample).
5. Stamp bird in Memento on Pool Party cardstock; use Dark Pool Party Blend on feathers to emphasize detail. Adhere bird to nest with dimensional.
6. Cut Gold Foil 5/8 X 3 1/2; die cut border (Desert Details) from foil & adhere to card front with liquid glue.
7. Adhere 1 large and 2 small rhinestones--see placement in sample.
Your card is ready for sending!
Supplies: Click on any image below and you'll be in my store--order your supplies now!