Today we're Creating A New Year's Card with Stampin'Up! Snow Crystal Stamp. Tuesday we created a lovely card great for your stash---if you missed it check it out here https://www.sandilovesstamping.com/2022/12/creating-that-special-card-with-stampinup-snow-crystal-stamp.html
So maybe you didn't get a chance to make all those Christmas cards you wanted to send or you didn't mail one to that special person you just remembered....that's a great time to create a New Year's card!
Here's today's design...
This little beauty appears to be falling through a winter evening sky with a few twinkling stars in the background.
We used the embossed image of the Snow Cyrstal on our Thick Basic White cardstock. Then we used those wonderful Blending Brushes to color in the "sky" with Pacific Point and Fresh Freesia--as you can see we overlap the colors where they meet to create another blue-purple shade.
We found the "Happy New Year" greeting in the Brightest Glow stamp set..so we popped that right in the center of our snowflake. Note: If you don't need a "New Year's" card--this would also be a super card for birthdays, thinking of you....or most other occasions. Again, this is a great addition to your stash.
Pop back by next week and you'll see one of the new Sale-a-bratio stamp sets in use!
I'll give you full directions below followed by the supply list to order your supplies.
Remember: If you use this month's host code (GWGSJ33M) you can earn $5 in Stampin'Up! product (I choose) for every $50 in product that you order (excludes shipping & tax).
1. Cut Thick Basic White cardstock 8 1/2 X 5 1/2, score long side at 4 1/4 (card base).
2. Stamp the Snow Crystal stamp in Versamark in the middle of the card front, sprinkle liberally with Clear embossing powder, heat with heat tool until shiny and clear.
3. Using a Blending Brush in circular motions apply Pacific Point ink diagonally in the upper left to lower right half of the card.
4.Using a second Blending Brush in circular motions apply Fresh Freesia ink diagonally in the lower righ tto upper left half of the card. Overlap the two colors to form a 3rd blended coloe.
5. Stamp 'Happy New Year' (Brightest Glow) in Starry Sky ink on Basic White cardstock; die cut with medium stitched circle (Stylish Shapes dies). Adhere to center of snowflake with dimensionals.
6. Cut approximately 8" silver cord (Simply Elegant Trim), tie in a bow and adhere under greeting on circle with a glue dot.
7. Adhere 6 small rhinestones around the snowflake--see sample.
Your card is ready for sending!
Supplies: Click on any image below and you'll be in my store--order your supplies today: