Today we're Creating with Stampin'Up! New Products Flitting Florets Stamps & Dies. This new collection brings us some of the oval dies we've been dieing to get back! The fun part is that the "plain" ovals are the "trash" that is created when we use the frame dies--so we're actually getting 2 from 1 die.
Here is today's creation
a bit closer
The trick to this card is that we're using the frame die twice--the first cut is through the designer paper and the Evergreen cardstock. This opens the window to the white cardstock (card base). Then we use the frame die again with black cardstock---this give us the black frame to insert in the opening from the first use of the frame die.
Those gorgeous gold swirl embellishments add such a classy element to this card.
One other small trick we used for this card is the double leaf stamp--it is actually stamped twice under the "celebrate." This then appears to be a semicircle under the greeting.
There is a full collection of products-- a bundle, an additional stamp set, designer paper and embellishments---the bundle is carrying over into the spring mini---awesome! However, the designer paper, the holiday stamp set and the embellishments are only available during November & December! So don't delay---as always these products are available only while supplies last. Download 1022_Q4_OOP_PREORDER_FLYER_FITTING_FLORETS_US (1)
Stop back by Thursday to see what we dreamed up with this new set.
I'll give you full directions below followed by the supply list to order your supplies.
Remember: If you use this month's host code () you can earn $5 in Stampin'Up! product (I choose) for every $50 in product that you order (excludes shipping & tax).
1. Cut Thick Basic White cardstock 4 1/4 X 11, score long side at 5 1/2 (card base).
2. Cut Evening Evergreen 4 X 5 1/4
3. Cut designer paper (see sample for design) 3 7/8 X 5 1/8; center & adhere to Evergreen layer
*Using fancy oval die, cut frame from center of this unit (use these for another project)
*Adhere the outer portion from the above cut to the card front with glue.
4. Die cut same fancy oval frame from Basic Black cardstock; adhere in center of the card--fits right into the opening previously cut.
5. Stamp double flower in upper oval in Memento; stamp "celebrate" approximately 1/2" below fowers.
6. Stamp double leaf stamp in Memento--first with larger leaf horizontal, then the second time with the smaller leaf horizontal--see sample.
7. Color images with Blends: Light Melon Mambo, Light/Dark Soft Succulent
8. Adhere 3 gold embellishments in a horizontal line above "celebrate"
Your card is ready for sendig!
Supplies: Click on any image below & you'll be in my store--order supplies now!