Today we're creating a Christmas Ornament with Stampin'Up!'s New Fitting Florets Dies! Last week we created two gorgeous cards using the bundle (if you missed them check them out). Then I had this idea---the frames would make beautiful Christmas ornaments.....off to the drawing board...and here's the results.
& using a slightly different setting
& a close up at the inner ornament designs
& to make this a double duty creation---you can give it as a gift & use the back side as a gift tag or writing a message that will transcend the years as this beauty adorns the recipient's tree.
Now if you have used these dies you know that when you cut with them the inner oval cuts out...so how do we get the center of the seafoam cardstock to stay inside? Simple, we draw around the die on the seafoam cardstock & using our paper snips, we hand cut it out--oh, be quiet---it's simple & quick--it only takes less than a minute to hand cut.
By cutting 2 of the fancy frames from the Evergreen Glimmer paper & sandwiching the hand cut seafoam--we have an instant beautiful ornament.
Decorating the inside of the frames can be done with a multitude of dies & stamps...I used the pine branch & oval ornament from the Decorated Pines dies that coordinates well with the fancy frame.
There is a full collection of products-- a bundle, an additional stamp set, designer paper and embellishments---the bundle is carrying over into the spring mini---awesome! However, the designer paper, the holiday stamp set and the embellishments are only available during November & December! So don't delay---as always these products are available only while supplies last. Download 1022_Q4_OOP_PREORDER_FLYER_FITTING_FLORETS_US (1)
Stop back by Thursday to see what a lovely Christmas card designed with this set.
I'll give you full directions below followed by the supply list to order your supplies.
Remember: If you use this month's host code (G4RX6ZUY) you can earn $5 in Stampin'Up! product (I choose) for every $50 in product that you order (excludes shipping & tax).
1. Lay the fancy frame die on Soft Seafoma cardstock & trace the outside with a pencil. Using your paper snips cut out image --cut inside the pencil line. Lay the frame over the seafoam & make any small adjustments necessary so you do not see the seafoam outside the frame.
2. Die cut 2 fancy frames from the Evergreen Glimmer paper. Using small amounts of liquid glue adhere one die to the front of the seafoam ornament.
3. Using small amounts of liquid glue adhere the second frame to the back of the ornament.
4. Die cut the following & adhere to inside of the frame outline
*pine branch from Shaded Spruce Cardstock
*oval ornament from red glimmer paper
*bow from gold foil.
5. Adhere 3 Pool Party sequins (Adheseive Backed Sequins & Gems) in a triangle--see photo for placement.
Your ornament is ready for hanging or giving!
Supplies: Click on any image below & you'll be in my store--order your supplies to day!