Today I"ll show you A Simple Trick to Creating with Stampin'Up! Sweet Candy Cane Bundle without Stamping the candy cane!!! About this time of year I'm looking for all the shortcuts I can find because I see Christmas looming quickly in our future...so here's the "tricky card"....
After seeing the card can you tell what the secret is to "no stamping?" Yes, we simply die cut the top white layer over the striped designer series paper (2nd layer). Pretty easy, right? The result is an awesome perfect cane without having to stamp and then die cut!
We added some sparkle with the greenery (from Mistletoe Magic dies) and the red rhinestones above the verse on the scalloped white circle.
The small "stripey" look of the gingham embossing folder seemed perfect to coordinate with the stripe in the designer paper for our candy cane!
So what's better than a lovely card that is so simple to create and looks like a million bucks? Well, stop back by on Friday (because Thursday you'll be eating turkey) and take a look at the awesome gift tag we created with this set!
For the next few weeks we'll be exploring other fun sets in the holiday mini--first with a card and the second design of the week will be a gift tag....keep following!
I'll give you full directions below followed by the supply list to order your supplies.
Remember: If you use this month's host code (G4RX6ZUY) you can earn $5 in Stampin'Up! product (I choose) for every $50 in product that you order (excludes shipping & tax).
1. Cut Real Red cardstock 4 1/4 x 11, score long side at 5 1/2 (card base).
2. Cut Sweetest Christmas designer series paper 3 X 5 3/8; adhere to card front with glue...be sure the diagonal stripes are going in this direction...
3. Cut Basic White cardstock 2 7/8 X 5 3/8
*Die cut the left hook candy cane from the center of this piece--angle slightly to the left
*Put through Gingham embossing folder
*Adhere to designer paper with dimensionals making sure the borders on each side are even.
4. Stamp verse in Memento ink on Basic White cardstock, die cut with smallest scalloped Layering Circle die that the verse will fit in. Adhere to card front with dimensionals
*Add 3 red rhinestones above the verse.
5. Cut approximately 9" of Real Red ribbon, tie in a bow. Adhere to center of candy cane with a glue dot.
6. Die cut 1 large and 1 small greenery (Mistletoe Magic dies). Adhere above bow with glue dots (note: trim large one to be slightly smaller)
Your card is ready for sending!
Supplies: Click on any image below and you'll be in my store--order your supplies now!