Today we're Creating Negative Images with Stampin'Up! Ranunculus Leaf Dies. So what is a negative image? It's the absence of the image---so in the case of using a die--we cut out the image with the die---toss the image and what's left over is the 'negative' image or the outline of our image....here's today's card....see it in action...
Now you can see we used the leaf die on the top layer and the die cut has been removed (BTW--keep those die cuts for Thursdays creation)...what you have now is the negative image of the leaf.
We've used blending brushes on the middle layer to create that luscious blending of autumn colors from Cajun Craza through Pumpkin Pie and ending in Daffodil delight.
Check out those gems...those are new embellishments (Leaf labels & Amber Gems)in the fall mini catalog--deep color and a bit larger than the rhinestones we us regularly.
Stop back by Thursday (with those leaf die cuts) to see what we'll be creating then!
I'll give you full directions below followed by the supply list to order your supplies.
Remember: If you use this month's host code (SVADB3GK) you can earn $5 in Stampin'Up! product (I choose) for every $50 in product that you order (excludes shipping & tax).
1. Cut Think Very Vanilla cardstock 8 1/2 X 5 1/2, score long side at 4 1/4 (card base).
2. Cut Very Vanilla 3 7/8 X 5 1/8; Using leaf die (Ranunculus dies) cut 3 leaves in a diagonal starting upper left and then put through the Timeworn Type embossing folder.
3. Cut Very Vanilla 5 5/8 X 5; use blending brushes and overlapping colors when they meet: Cajun Craze, Pumpkin Pie, & Daffodil Delight
4. Adhere this to the card front with glue; adhere the die cut layer over this with dimensionals.
5. Stamp verse (Ranuculus Romance) in Early Espresso on Very vanilla, hand cut and angling the 2 ends; adhere to card front with mini dimensionals
6. Adhere 1 large and 4 small Amber Gems (see photo for placement).
Your carad is ready for sending!
Supplies: Click on any image below and you'll be in my store---order your supplies now!