Today we're doing Another Creation Using Stampin'Up! Meadow Dies + Ocean Front Stamps. Tuesday we created two lovely cards using the Quiet Meadow stamps/dies with the Watercolor Shapes stamps--I also revealed a secret to the background stampind---if you missed it, check it out here https://www.sandilovesstamping.com/2022/10/stampinup-quiet-meadow-watercolor-shapes-a-secret-twist.html.
Today's creation is using the Ocean Front stamp set--probably not your first thought this time of year...but the background iage in that set provides a totally awesome shading that results in a dynamic contrast to the silhouette dies.....here's today's creation...
Notice how the shading in the stamp goes from light to dark...then we slighty overlapped the first stamp with the second stamping and we get another gradation of color....it's such an easy background but it gives such a professionnal look.
The black silhouette contrasts perfectly with the graded coloring. We've added some twinkle and sparkle using the Pool Party sequins (Adhesive backed sequins & Gems in the Holiday mini), Then a bit of soft shine using the Pool Party ribbon ties the two flowers together at the stems.
This is such an easy card to make--you can vary the background color and the silhouette die to build your stash of cards just awaiting the right occasion to send!
Stop back by next week to see what we'll be creating then!
I'll give you full directions below followed by the supply list to order your supplies.
Remember: If you use this month's host code (SVADB3GK) you can earn $5 in Stampin'Up! product (I choose) for every $50 in product that you order (excludes shipping & tax).
1. Cut Thick Basic White cardstock 8 1/2 X 5 1/2, score long side at 4 1/4 (card base).
2. Cut Bermuda Bay cardstock 3 1/2 X 4 3/4; adhere to card front with glue.
3. Cut Basic White cardstock 3 3/8 X 4 5/8.
4. Stamp background image in Coastal Cabana in the upper half; ink again and just slightly overlapping the first stamp, stamp again in the lower half.
5. Die cut flower (two times) from Basic Black cardstock; trim stems approximately 1" from bottom; adhere over background stamping with glue.
6. Cut approximately 8" Pool Party ribbon, tie bow, adhere where stems intersect with a glue dot.
7. Adhere 3 Pool Party sequins (see photo for placement).
Your card is ready for sending!
Supplies: Click on any image below and you'll be in my store--order your supplies now!