Today we're exploring Quick Multi-color Stamping with Stampin'Up! Soft Seedlings Stamp Set. This beautiful stamp set features the maple leaf which is my favorite of all leaves. This stamp has the shading built in along with the most exquisite detailing in the leaf veins. Although we aren't using any of the greetings in our card toay the font included in this set is just perfect--a bit casual & flowing--just beautiful.
Here's our card for today...
Now that we've discussed the features of this lovely stamp...here's how we managed to use 2 colors to get the deeper Cajun that flows into the rich Pumpkin Pie. I first inked the entire stamp with Pumpkin Pie ink. Then with a dauber inked with Cajun Craze apply ink onto the stamp around the edges only....now stamp on Very Vanilla cardstock and WOW what a stunning colored image.
Layering the Pumpkin Pie cardstock on the Pale Papaya dramatizes the Cajun contrast and projects your focal point quite nicely.
Stop back next Tuesday and see another Perfect Partner in use!
I'll give you step by step directions below followed by the supply list.
Remember: If you use this month's host code (9ADV3U7V) you can earn $5 in Stampin'Up! product (I choose) for every $50 in product that you order (excludes shipping & tax).
1. Cut Pale Papaya cardstock 8 1/2 X 5 1/2, score long side at 4 1/4 (card base)
2. Cut Pale Papaya 4 1/8 X 5 3/8; put through Timeworn Type embossing folder & adhere to card front with glue.
3. Cut the following layers and adhere to card front in this order:
*4 1/4 X 3 1/2 Pumpkin Pie
*4 1/8 X 3 3/8 Pale Papaya
*3 3/4 X 3 Pumpkin Pie
4. Cut Very Vanilla cardstock 3 1/2 X 2 3/4
*Ink maple stamp with Pumpkin Pie pad
*Using dauber apply Cajun Craze ink around edges only of stamp
*Stamp image on cardstock
*Adhere to Pumpkin layer
5. Cut approximate 8" Gold/vanilla ribbon, tie in bow and adhere to leaf stem with glue dot.
6. Adhere one large, one medium, & one small Champagne Rhinestone--see photo for placement.
Your card is ready for sending!
Supplies: Click on any image below and you'll be in my store. Order your supplies now!