Today we're Creating a Sweet & Fun Card with Stampin'Up! Elephant Parade! This cute little set was easy to zip by but it caught my eye because those little elephants are so darned sweet! Add on the little mouse & you have a poppin' little duo to create with. Here's the stamp set...
Here's today's little elephant taking a stroll down the tropical path with a cheery little hitchhiker on his (or her) back! Who wouldn't smile to see this card pop out of the envelope...
The tropical jungle background is achieved using Fern 3D embossing folder---makes it fun but stays in the background where it should be!. Stamping the elephant on Smoky Slate cardstock keeps our coloring to a minimum. The mouse is stamped on Basic White cardstock & then useing our Blends to touch up a bit of color.
The sprinkle of Brushed Brass Butterflies gives a little shine that pizzazzes any card.
Adding the balloon die cut lends a festive air --we're using the "What a happy day" for our greeting.
The greetings in this set are very useful from the celebration, thanks, friends and "sweet little one" for a new baby card. What a great versatile set.
I'll give you step by step directions below followed by the supply list.
Remember August is one of the Sale-a-bration months when you can spend $50 and select something wonderful from the SAB brochure (placing a $100 order gets you 2 items free or one super one).
Stop back Thursday & see what we're creating then!
Remember: If you use this month's host code (CHF62MN3) you can earn $5 in Stampin'Up! product (I choose) for every $50 in product that you order (excludes shipping & tax).
1. Cut Daffodil delight cardstock 8 1/2 X 5 1/2, score long side at 4 1/4 (card base).
2. Cut Daffodil cardstock 4 1/8 X 5 3/8, run through Fern embossing folder; glue to card front.
3. Stamp walking elephant in Memento ink on Smoky Slate cardstock & die cut; adhere to lower center on card front.
4. Stamp mouse in Memento ink on Basic white cardstock; color with Light Smoky Slate and Dark Petal Pink Blends; dies cut & adhere to back of elephant.
5. Die cut 2 grass pieces from Shaded Spruce; glue near elephant (see photo)
6. Stamp balloon on Soft Sea Foam, die cut, add Wink of Stella; adhere to trunk using dimensional.
*Add 1 large & 1 small Brass butterfies.
7. Stamp leaves in Memento on Spruce; dies cut adhere to upper left.
*Stamp What a happy day to Curry cardstock, die cut with long label die (Floral Gallery #154316); adhere with dimensionals below leaves. Add 3 green matte dots around verse.
Your card is ready for sending!
Supplies: Click on any image & you'll be in my store. Order your supplies now!