Today I'll show you how to create A Beautiful Design Using Stampin'Up! Split Card Dies and Hand-Penned Bundle. The new die set, Split Card Textures, contains 2 stunning corner designs cutting through the top layer of cardstock revealing the underlayer...this gives unlimited combinations & choices to make.
Here's the die set.
Today we're using the 'plaid' style...
The color wash under the die cut is from the gorgeous Hues of Happiness Designer Series Paper. We've been so entranced with the beautiful rose designs in this set that we almost miss the beauty on the 'other' side. We use this blend of color to select the flower colors. Since our base is white you can select any of the other fantastic blends for more variety.
The die simply sits in the corner of the top layer & after running through the die machine it's a breeze to flip out the waste pieces.
We added a bit more interest by then putting the die cut layer through the Timeworn Type embossing folder--it adding a touch of texture but staying in the background.
I'll give you step by step directions below followed by the supply list.
Stop back Thursday and we'll be using the other die--one of the simplest (and most beautiful) cards you'll ever create!
Remember: If you use this month's host code (VWJEW9VK) you can earn $5 in Stampin'Up! product (I choose) for every $50 in product that you order (excludes shipping & tax).
1. Cut Thick Basic White cardstock 4 1/4 X 11, score long side at 5 1/2 (card base)
2. Cut Thick Basic White cardstock 4 x 5 1/4
*Lay corner die in lower right corner leaving about 1/16" cardstock showing outside die; put through die machine.
*Use Timeworn Type embossing folder.
3. Cut designer paper (Hues of Happiness) 4 1/8 X 5 1/8; adhere to back of die cut layer using liquid glue. Adhere this unit to card front.
4. Die cut middle stitched circle (Stylish Shapes) from Daffodil cardstock
*Stamp verse in Memento ink (see sample)
*Adhere to top left overlapping cut out area
5. Stamp flowers (Hand-penned stamps) in Memento ink on Basic White cardstock, die cut with corresponding die.
*Color with Blends: Dark Polished Pink, Light/Dark Daffodil Delight, Dark Granny Apple Green. Add Wink of Stella to flowers.
*Adhere Brushed Metallic dots to center of pink flowers & Champagne Rhinestones to the yellow flowers
6. Tie bow with Sweet Sorbet metallic ribbon; adhere above leaf duo with a glue dot.
7. Adhere flower die cut with dimensionals. Adhere brass butterflies (see photo)
Your Card is ready for sending!
Supplies: Click on any image below -- you'll be in my store--order your supplies now!