Today we're creating Beautiful Designs with the New Stampin'Up! Perfectly Penciled Designer Series Paper. The new Stampin'Up! annual catalog is now active & we can indulge our cravings for all those luscious new products...one of those is a beautiful black & white designer paper---Perfectly Penciled.. twelve stunning florals on one side & geometrics on the other...mix them or match or just play with one of them which we are doing today with the spotlighting technique.
Today's card uses the "spotlight" technique--it's quite easy to do but results in a simply striking image....
We've added a fun element by increasing the focus by surrounding the spotlight with vellum...this softens the black and white images but increases the focus of the spotlighted image.
Using Real Red and Shaded Spruce with black and white is one of my favorite combinations--the red and green are a beautifully elegant contrast to the black & white.
Check out that fabulous script--"Just a Note?" Script always lends a fancy touch to the card. This image is from the Go To Greetings Set (Yes, I'm prejudiced--it's my million dollars set--& this is the last time I'll tell you that!). The set has 4 frequently used images in 3 different sizes so that you can always "go to" this set and find a greeting you can use.
I'll give you step by step directions below followed by the supply list.
Remember: If you use this month's host code (99ZW7X3Q) you can earn $5 in Stampin'Up! product (I choose) for every $50 in product that you order (excludes shipping & tax).
Stop back by Thursday to check out another fun design with this paper.
1. Cut Basic Thick White cardstock 4 1/4 X 11, score long side at 5 1/2 (card base).
2. Cut Basic Black cardstock 5 X 3 3/4; adhere to card front with liquid glue.
3. Cut small floral piece of Perfectly Penciled Designer Series Paper 3 5/8 X 4 7/8.
4. Cut Vellum cardstock 3 5/8 X 4 7/8, die cut 2 5/8" diameter circle from middle of vellum (Layering Circle dies); lay this piece over the designer paper & mark circle with pencil.
*Using Light Real Red and Light Shaded Spruce Blends color the image within the circle.
*Add 3 large rhinestones to the center of 3 of the flowers within the circle.
*Adhere the vellum to the designer paper with 4 glue dots--try to place the glue dots in an area that is masked with the images so the glue dots don't attract attention.
5. Cut Basic White cardstock 1 X 3 1/8; stamp "Just a Note" in Memento ink; adhere to card front with dimensionals--see photo for placement. Add 3 small rhinestones to the greeting.
Your card is ready for sending!
Supplies: Click on any image below and you'll be in my store--order your supplies today: