Today we're Designing Simply Sweet Cards with Stampin'Up! Boughs & Blossoms Bundle. Sometimes we tend to overlook the sweet simple stamp sets and they turn out to be some of our best loved ones.
As you probably remember one of my favorite projects is to create a simple but awesome card...here's today's card using this set...
and a closer look at the "boughs & blossoms"...
One of the fun parts of this creation process was using the punch (yes, not dies) to cut the leave and the accent flowers. Dies are totally awesome and we certainly can't do some of the fancy stuff with punches but when it comes to doing a cute simple card--sometimes grabbing a punch is very quick and easy.
The posy is stamped in Melon Mambo and hand cut (I'm not a fan of calling it "fussy cutting"--there's nothing fussy about it--it's just simply cutting). It takes only about a minute to cut it out since it is a very simple image.
By adding a couple of brass butterflies and the floral center of an iridescent rhinestone (aren't they awesome) the pizazz scale ratcheted up to another level!
Then to "tie" it all together we used a figure 8 of gold twine behind the flower which really add a dimension of simple fancy.
Stop back by Thursday and check out another cutey with this set.
Below I"ll give you step by step directions followed by the Supply list so you can order your supplies today.
Remember: If you use this month's host code (VF9RTPMM) you can earn $5 in Stampin'Up! product (I choose) for every $50 in product that you order (excludes shipping & tax).
1. Cut Thick Basic White cardstock 4 1/4 X 11, score long side at 5 1/2 (card base)
2. Cut white cardstock 4 1/8 X 5 3/8, put through Time Worn Type embossing folder; adhere to card front wtih liquid glue.
3. Cut two pieces of designer paper (Sweet Symmetry) 1 1/2 X 3 1/4; adhere to card front with glue--see positioning in sample.
4. Stamp flower in Melon Mambo ink on white cardstock and cut out with paper snips
5. Punch 2 leaf stems from Shaded Spruce and 2 sprigs from gold foil with the Bough Punch; adhere these to card front with glue dots.
6. Cut 12" gold cord and form a figure 8; adhere this over the stems with a glue dot
7. Adhere flower over the center with dimensional; adhere large iridescent rhinestone to flower center
8. Adhere one large and one small polished brass butterflies (see photo).
Your card id ready for sending!
Supplies: Click on any image below and you'll be in my store--order your supplies now.