Today I'll show you How to Make a Shaker Christmas Gift Tag with a Jar Dome! Look at this cutie.
Who wouldn't love to have this on their gift package or gift bag! Best part is that you can coordinate it with any of your packaging designs and color schemes---you simply punch the designer paper of your choice and add a coordinating ribbon bow and you have the perfect tag for any gift.
The Soft Subtle sequins will blend well with any color scheme but you can switch those out for the Sequins for Everything (green, red, gold, silver) (#153556 in the annual catalog).
I'll give you the step by step directions followed by the supply list so you can order your supplies today.
Remember if you use this month's host code (HWWK9AFV) you can earn $5 in Stampin'Up! product (I choose) for every $50 in product that you order (excludes shipping & tax).
1. Lay a jar dome on Basic White cardstock and trace with a pencil around the outside, hand cut with paper snips.
*On one side stamp "to" and "from" in black ink (Well Defined stamp set #156532).
2. Punch your designer paper (I used Gingerbread & Peppermint) with the Jar punch; adhere this image to the center of the white cardstock (the side without the stamping).
*Punch a small hole at the top of this jar with a handheld 1/8" punch.
*Cut approximately 12" of silver twine (Simply Elegant Trim) and loop through the hole.
*Add approximately 1 teaspoon of soft subtle sequins to the middle of this piece...push in a pile to the center.
3. Punch another jar from Basic White cardstock (toss the jar) and lay the dome over this piece so the jar is "open' and trace around the outside of the dome with a pencil and hand cut around this with paper snips. This now looks like a large jar with a jar image punched out. Lay aside.
4. Now take the adhesive backing off the back side of the dome. Position the dome over the jar with the sequins in the center and press firmly especially near the twine to seal well.
5. Now remove the adhesive backing off the front side of the dome. Adhere the white jar cut in step #3 to the adhesive on the front of the tag.
6. Cut approximately 8" double stitched red satin ribbon--tie a bow and adhere to neck of jar with a glue dot.
Your tag is ready for giving!
Supply List: Click on any image below and you'll be in my store. Order your supplies now!