Today we're creating one of the Fastest Christmas Cards Using Wonderful Snowflakes. OK, Christmas is nearly here & all those plans to create an outstanding handmade card...well, it' still possible. So we need something awesome & quick--grab those Wonderful Snowflakes & Peaceful Place DSP --it takes about 10 minutes--if you're doing more than one you can whip out several in 30 minutes. No one will know that it was a last minutes design that took only 10 minutes!
Here's a close up of the snowflake
We first begin with a beautiful sheet of the Peaceful Place Designer Series Paper...you can actually get 6 cards from a single sheet and since there are 2 sheets of this design in a pack, you can create 12 cards very quickly.
Then we nab a pack of those Wonderful Snowflakes--but they are white, right? And white just doesn't show well on the scene so we whip the snowflake over and dauber it with Smokey Slate ink--now we have a fascinating contrast between the snowflake and background. Stamp "Merry" in a beautiful Cherry Cobbler and this now adds that extra snap of color that pumps this card up to wonderful from just pretty.
Grab those Basic Rhinestones and add three sparkles in a triangle --now you have a truly stunning Christmas card and all in less than 10 minutes. If you have an extra 5 minutes you could emboss the Merry with silver embossing powder.
I'll give you the step by step directions followed by the supply list so you can order your supplies today.
Remember if you use this month's host code (HWWK9AFV) you can earn $5 in Stampin'Up! product (I choose) for every $50 in product that you order (excludes shipping & tax).
1. Cut Basic Gray cardstock 4 1/4 X 11, score long side at 5 1/2 (card base)..
2. Cut Smoky Slate cardstock 4 X 5 1/4; adhere to card front with liquid glue.
3. Cut the designer paper horizontally at 6" and then each piece in 3 7/8 X 5 1/8" pieces so that you capture the silver trees as your focal point. Adhere to card front with liquid glue.
4. Turn a Wonderful Snowflake to backside and dauber with Smoky Slate ink; adhere to card front with a glue dot.
5. Cut Basic White card stock 1/2 X 1 1/2 stamp Merry (Time of Giving Stamp set) in Cherry Cobbler ink; adhere to center of snowflake with dimensionals.
6. Adhere 3 small Basic Rhinestones in a rough triangle--see sample for placement.
Your card is ready for sending!
Supplies: Click on any image below --you'll be in my store--order your supplies now: