Today I'll show you How to Create Simple Quick DIY Christmas Gift Tags Using Delicate Baubles Dies!
If you checked out our creations last week we were making tea light tent cards with the Delicate Baubles Dies--if you missed these check them out here https://www.sandilovesstamping.com/2021/11/how-to-light-up-your-tent-card.html and here https://www.sandilovesstamping.com/2021/11/how-to-make-another-tea-light-card.html.
You'll see that in these creations we had 'trash' that we turned into simple lovely gift tags. So I decided we should create some intentional tags and bump up the creativity a bit. Here's today's creation using these dies..
And a closer look at the details
And on the back we stamped the 'to-from' found in the Bright Baubles coordinating stamp set.
You can see the back of the tag is as pretty as the front since we are using double sided designer paper (cut with the solid image dies). The top layer on the front is die cut from red velvet paper--adds lustrous color as well as texture...makes you look like a pro!
Then a punch out of white cardstock using the Label Me lovely punch stamped with 'to from" and add a loop of sheer red ribbon ---your tag is completed...it's quick, simple and looks fantastic on any gift.
These tags are so quick that you can pop out a dozen in no time. You can use your favorite designer paper--use contrasting cardstock for the top layer and you have a new different tag. In fact, if you have tons of scrap designer paper leftover from your other projects--this is a wonderful way to use that up and turn out some really great tags for your Christmas gifts this year.
I'll give you the step by step directions below followed by the list of supplies that are used.
Remember if you place an order online & use my monthly Host Code (TMTS2VZV) you'll receive $5 in Stampin'Up! product (I choose) for each $50 in product that you purchase.
1. Die cut the solid image of the arabesque design from your favorite Designer Series Paper (I used Heartwarming Hugs).
2. Die cut the Merry & Bright image from red velvet paper---using small dots of liquid glue adhere this to the top of the solid designer paper image.
Note: Using Adhesive Sheets on the back of the red velvet prior to die-cutting can be very quick when applying this layer to the designer paper.
3. Punch white cardstock with Label Me Lovely punch; stamp "to-from" (Bright Baubles stamp set) in black ink. Adhere this to the back of the gift tag.
4. Punch a hole in the top of the tag using any handheld 1/4" circle punch.
5. Cut approximately 18" of sheer red ribbon, loop through the above hole and you're ready to go!
Your tag is ready for giving.
Supply List: Click on any image below and you'll be in my store. Order your supplies now!