What Does a Solid Gold Pumpkin Look Like? It looks like this--but probably without all those beautiful cutouts!
And a bit closer...
This Detailed Pumpkin die was cut from the Gold Metallic paper--it's a new paper in the annual catalog--you probably saw it used in Tuesday's post...if not..check it out here...https://www.sandilovesstamping.com/2021/10/pretty-little-pumpkins-in-a-row.html
We mentioned Tuesday that the Metallic Gold paper is kind of hidden in the annual catalog so we're bringing out out to make sure you see it. The background of this card is deep brown (Early Espresso) in order to bring out the brilliance of the Gold Metallic paper. As well the verse is stamped on a subdued Crumb Cake cardstock to again provide a bit of contrast with the glimmer and shine of this paper.
When you have such a detailed design as with the pumpkin..it's often better to keep all the other elements "quiet" so that the focal point stays in the forefront of your card.
I've been re-discovering the Color Family Designer papers--in this case the Neutrals--I get all caught up in the new DSP designs and almost forget the beauty that is in those 6X 6 papers that come in quite handy when we need something that doesn't challenge our focal point.
Several products you'll need are in the July-Jan mini catalog. If you don't have a demonstrator & need a copy--just contact me & we'll get one in your hands.
I'll give you step by step directions for this card followed by the Supply list so you can purchase what you need to re-create this beauty.
Remember if you place an order online & use my monthly Host Code (Y9WQ796M) you'll receive $5 in Stampin'Up! product (I choose) for each $50 in product that you purchase,
1. Cut Early Espresso cardstock 8 1/2 X 5 1/2; score long side at 4 1/4; use the Timber embossing folder on the card front (card base).
2. Cut the following layers:
3 1/2 X 4 3/4 Gold foil; adhere to card front with liquid glue
3 3/8 X 4 5/8 Early Espresso; adhere to gold layer with glue dots
2 7/8 X 4 1/8 Gold foil; adhere to espresso with glue
2 3/4 X 4 Neutrals Early Expresso 6X6 Designer Series Paper; adhere to gold foil with glue dots
3. Die Cut the detailed pumpkin (Detailed pumpkin die) from Gold Metallic paper; adhere to center of last layer with small dots of liquid glue
4. Cut two 7" lengths of gold cord (Simply Elegant trim), tie together in bow and adhere to stem with a glue dot
5. Cut Crumb Cake 1/2 X 1 3/4, stamp Hello Friend (Welcoming Woods stamp set) in black ink (e.g. Memento); adhere to card front with dimensionals.
Your card is ready for sending!
Supply List: Click on any image below and you'll be in my store; order your suppies today.