Today we're creating another beauty Using the Free Summer Shadow Dies! If you missed our creations last week, check them out here:
The Summer Shadows dies are such a joy to create with that I couldn't pass up another week of using them.. here's today's creations.
And a little closer look at those half flowers and leaves...
These layering dies give you depth and beautiful highlighting that is so easy and makes you look like a pro. You can do a contrast in colors as we've done here--using the black to give that sharp crisp overlay. Or you can use two shades of a color--for example two shades of blue as we did for these flowers in one of our earlier creations..this give less contrast but still a good depth of the image ....
Remember you can get this die set free with a $100 purchase during Sale-a-bration! And you may notice that we are using the FREE Designer Series Paper (Beautifully Penned) that is a $50 free item during Sale-a-bration.
I'll give you the step by step directions below followed by the Supply List so you can order your supplies to create this card.
The new July-December mini is live--you can order from it now. If you don't have a current demonstrator and would like to receive a copy--email me at [email protected]
To go shopping click the Shop Now button & you'll be in my store. If you use this month's Host Code (YQZM72BG) on your online order you'll receive $5 in Stampin'Up! product (I choose) for each $50 in product that you order (excluding shipping & tax).
1. Cut This Basic White cardstock 8 1/2 X 5 1/2, score long side at 4 1/4 (card base).
2. Cut Polished Pink cardstock 5 X 3 1/2
3. Cut Designer paper (dotted from Beautifully Penned) 5 1/2 X 3 1/4 and striped 2 X 5 1/2. Adhere the striped to the dotted with liquid glue. Center the polished pink on the back of this unit and adhere with glue. Adhere these layers to the card front with glue.
4. Die cut
*3 solid flowers from Polished Pink
*3 overlay flowers from Basic Black: adhere to pink flowers with glue
*2 solid leaves from Just Jade
5. Cut Basic White 7/8 X 2; stamp verse (Shaded Summer) in black ink; adhere 2 dimensionals on the back and adhere to card front (see photo for placement).
6. Adhere 2 flowers under each end of the verse with glue; adhere the 3rd flower slightly overlapping the top of the verse using dimensionals
7. Adhere the leave on either end of the verse with glue
8. Adhere one large Polished Pink jewel to the top right of the verse.
Your card is read for sending!
Supply List: Click on any image below and you'll be in my store--order your supplies today.