Today I'll show you How to Create the Quickest Card Ever (with a bit of color)! Last Thursday we created the Quickest Card---today, we're adding just a hint of color to the black and white theme of the Beautifully Penned Designer Series Paper. For those of you who enjoy a bit of coloring this adds a bit of charm to the lovely designer paper used for the card front.
And a closer look at the color...
It's the same card as Tuesday but one flower trio is colored in red, the ribbon has been substituted with red satin and the butterfly has an underlay of red to contrast the black glitter paper butterfly. What a difference a bit of color makes! Either card is beautiful and the base is the same...it's the free Beautifully Penned DSP.
Remember you can only obtain this DSP during Sale-a-bration which runs from August through September. For each $50 or $100 purchase you can select a free item from the Sale-a-bration mini brochure. The Beautifully Penned DSP is one of those free items for a $100 purchase.
I'll give you the step by step directions below followed by the Supply List so you can order your supplies to create this card.
The new July-December mini is live--you can order from it now. If you don't have a current demonstrator and would like to receive a copy--email me at email@example.com
To go shopping click the Shop Now button & you'll be in my store. If you use this month's Host Code (RZ9R2RJ2) on your online order you'll receive $5 in Stampin'Up! product (I choose) for each $50 in product that you order (excluding shipping & tax).
1. Cut Thick Basic White cardstock 8 1/2 X 5 1/2, score long side at 4 1/4 (card base).
2. Cut Basic Black cardstock 3 3/4 X 5
3. Cut flowery designer paper (Beautifully Penned Designer Series Paper) 3 5/8 X 4 7/8; adhere to black layer with liquid glue. Add coloring to one flower trio with Dark Real Red Blend; add a touch of Wink of Stella (141879) Adhere rhinestones (144220) to the flower centers.
4. Cut approximately 15" Real Red double-stitched satin ribbon; wrap around above unit and tie in a knot; anchor the knot to the card front with a glue dot.
5. Adhere this unit to card front with liquid glue.
6. Die cut small butterfly from Black Glitter paper; die cut the solid coordinating butterfly from Real Red cardstock. Adhere the black layer to the red solid layer with a glue dot. Adhere this unit to card front with a glue dot.
Your card is ready for sending!
Supply List: Click on any image below and you'll be in my store. Order your supplies today!