Today we're going to Check Out the Secret Design in the Pansy Petals Designer Series Paper! We're usually so busy checking out the pretty colorful flowers in a pack like Pansy Petals that we miss the secret design hiding on the back side...that's what happened when I turned over the sheet with the pretty tiny pansies--I discovered this lovely Bumblebee design just asking to be used on a card...
And what's the best thing about this card (beside the silhouette, the bees, and the designer paper)? It's the fact that this card (without a specific greeting) can be used for any occasion--for what occasion would this not be appropriate? So not only is it an easy design to create, it's also quick--this means you can create quite a few of these and have a ready stash with that important occasion arrives and you are short on time!
For a card like this with a striking image a good thing to remember (besides looking for the cool secret designs in designer paper) is to use a background paper that is subdued and a smallish print--this way your background won't overpower your focal point--it will enhance it but not take center stage.
I'll give you the step by step directions below followed by the Supply List so you can order your supplies to create this card.
The new July-December mini is being delivered to doorsteps all over the US right now--Maryland, North Carolina, Florida, Pennsylvania...if you don't have a current demonstrator and would like to receive a copy--email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
To go shopping click the Shop Now button & you'll be in my store. If you use this month's Host Code (Z6EERDH9) on your online order you'll receive $5 in Stampin'Up! product (I choose) for each $50 in product that you order (excluding shipping & tax).
1. Cut Bumblebee cardstock 8 1/2 X 5 1/2, score long side at 4 1/4 (card base).
2. Cut Very Vanilla cardstock 3 3/4 X 5; adhere to card front with liquid glue.
3. Cut three pieces of designer paper ( 1 1/2 X 3 1/2); adhere first piece at top of vanilla leaving approximately 1/8" border of vanilla. Adhere the bottom piece and then the middle piece--adjusting borders evenly.
4. Die cut silhouette (Meadows dies) from Basic Black cardstock; adhere to left side with liquid glue.
5. Cut approximately 8" glittered black ribbon; tie in bow and adhere to stem with a glue dot.
6. Adhere 2 bumblbee embellishments with glue dots.
Your card is ready for sending!
Supply List: Click on any image below and you'll be in my store; order your supplies now!