Today you'll learn how to "Light" Up your Holidays! We'll be using that totally beautiful flocked vellum (Plush Poinsettia Specialty Paper....check it out
...and here's with the tea light lit...
Need a quick gift for your friends or workmates--work a dozen of these up in an evening--or make this a holiday tradition and create these with your family.
The best part? The Plush Poinsettia Specialty Paper has 6 sheets per pack! There are 3 designs (2 sheets of each per pack) so you can make a doze of these with one pack of paper! Great bargain.
The step by step directions are followed by the Supply list where you can order your supplies. If you place an order online & use this month's host code (J34GCWB9) you'll receive $5 in Stampin'Up! product from me (selected by me) for each $50 in product you purchase.
1. Cut Plush paper 4 1/2 X 8 1/2, score the long side at 2, 4, 6, and 8"; score the short side at 2". Note: Use the scoring tool on your paper trimmer followed by reinforcing with your bone folder to get good creases or use score board with a stylus.
2. Fold the 1/2 section & the next section (second vertical fold) back over the remainder of the piece; use the scallop edge die (Peony dies) to cut the scalloped top edge.
3. Cut out the 1/2" X 2" piece leaving the 1/2" X 2 1/2" piece on the unit; cut small angled pieces from each end of the 1/2 X 2 1/2" piece attached to the main body...(the bottom sections are 2 X 2 and will be the bottom of the holder; the top row would be edged with the scallop die.
5. Remove backing from the tape; starting with the section next to the untaped square, adhere the 2nd section underneath the untaped section. Then adhere the 3rd section under the 2nd section; lastly adhere the 4th section under the 3rd section--you now have your container (taped sections are the botto) with the open tabbed edge. Remove the covering from the tape on the tab & adhere that to the under side of the next section thus completing the holder.
6. Glue dot a piece of double stitched red satin ribbon approximately 3/4" from scalloped edge around holder. Tie a bow with a separate piece & glue dot this over the ribbon where the ends meet.
7. Stamp the tiny holly (Gift Wrapped stamps) in black ink (e.g Memento); color the leaves green (e.g. Light Shaded Spruce Blend) ; punch out with the tiny label portion of the Bow punch. Add 3 red rhinestones (see photo). Add tag to holder with a dimensional.
Add your tea light and your votive holder is complete!
Supply List: Click on any of the product images below and you'll be in my store. Order your supplies today: