Want to know The Sunflower Secret? Today I'll show you how to create a really lovely sunflower using a secret die!! Check out the sunflower...
If you haven't guessed the secret yet, here's a close up of the sunflower...
OK, now you know the secret...we used the poinsettisa dies with the Daffodil Delight cardstock--isn't it beautiful. I love it when we can use a die for multiple uses...since the poinsettia is primarily viewed as a Christmas flower---we have now expanded the use for an all year die by changing the color of the paper and using a slightly larger flower center.
I used removable tape to hold the petal embossing die inside the open cutting die---this make it easy to do the cutting and embossing all in one step.
Here are the layered dies:
Here's how they are taped together with removable tape.
The step by step directions are followed by the Supply list where you can order your supplies. If you place an order online & use this month's host code (NY2B74S6) you'll receive $5 in Stampin'Up! product from me (selected by me) for each $50 in product you purchase.
1. Cut Shimmery White cardstock 8 1/2 X 5 1/2, score the long side at 4 1/4 (card base).
2. Cut Flowers for Every Season designer paper 2 1/4 X 5 1/2, adhere to bottom front with liquid glue.
3. Cut Misty Moonlight ribbon approximately 18", tie around card front over edge of designer paper and tie in a knot. (Slip a glue dot under the knot to hold it in place).
4. Cut 3 medium poinsettias from Daffodil Delight cardstock (see pictures of dies above). Adhere the centers with glue dots and adhere to card front with liquid glue. Cut a circle approximately 1" in diameter; adhere to flower center with liquid glue.
5. Stamp "Thinking of You" (Good Morning Magnolia #149298) in Night of Navy cardstock; adhere 3 Bumblebee enamel dots in an approximate triangle around the verse.
Your card is ready for sending!
Supply List: Click in any product image below and you'll be in my store--order your supplies now;