Today I'll show you How to Make a Perfect Wreath on Your Card! We'll use the maple leaf stamp & punch from Beautiful Autumn Bundle for this card. That tiny maple leaf is just gorgeous--it's inspiring me to make several cards just because I love that punch & want to see what else I can do with it. It punches the foils beautifully too--no scratching or snags--just nice clean intricate cuts.
How do you get that perfectly round shaped wreath? I used one of the Layering Circle dies & traced a circle inside the die--this lays down the perfect pattern to follow when adhering the leaves. It's so very easy to get that perfect shape.
You can change the color of the leaves & create your wreath for any color scheme or season--these cute little leaves are just perfect for any season.
The step by step directions are followed by the Supply list where you can order your supplies. If you place an order online & use this month's host code (NY2B74S6) you'll receive $5 in Stampin'Up! product from me (selected by me) for each $50 in product you purchase.
1. Cut Thick Very Vanilla cardstock 8 1/2 X 5 1/2, score the long side at 4 1/4 (card base).
2. Cut Very Vanilla cardstock 5 X 3 3/4:
*Using the circle die that is 2 5/8" inner diameter (Layering Circles), pencil a circle in the middle of this layer.
*Using the Dainty Diamonds embossing folder, dry emboss this layer. (Note: draw the circle first so you get an nice smooth circle.
3. Stamp the small maple leaf on each of the following cardstocks in Stazon Saddle Brown ink: Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler, &Cajun Craze; punch with maple leaf punch
4. Punch the same cardstocks again with maple leaf punch (not stamping this time) & from Copper Foil (punch 3 of these)
5. Start laying down the leaves with the stem on the circle & the top of the leaf following the penciled circle; alternate the stamped leaves & the unstamped leaves as you go. Adhere the leaves with glue dots.
6. Cut approximately 8" Bumblebee Gingham ribbon, tie in a bow & adhere to top of wreath with a glue dot.
7. Cut 2 1/2 X 3/4 Crumb Cake cardstock; stamp Thank you (Beautiful Autumn) in Memento black ink. Cut 2 1/2 X 7/8 from Copper foil--adhere to back of crumb cake layer with glue dots. Adhere to center of wreath with dimensionals. Adhere 2 small & 1 large pumpkin Artistry Blooms sequins (see photo). Adhere this layer to card front with glue.
Your card is ready for sending!
Supply List: Click on any product image below & you'll be in my store. Order your supplies now.