Today I'll show you How to Do Reverse Embossing with a Twist! If you were checking out the post on Monday we were learning how to do Reverse Embossing...stamping the image on white cardstock and sprinkling with clear embossing powder then heating that up! You could see the white image below the sponging of bright colors on top. If you missed it you can see it here https://www.sandilovesstamping.com/2020/08/how-to-do-reverse-embossing-on-a-card.html
Today we're going to create a 2-toned background by using a Soft Seafoam cardstock, embossing the image with clear embossing powder and then sponging the layer with Shaded Spruce--a beautiful dark green...then instead of white you'll see the soft lighter green where we stamped with Versamark and used the clear embossing powder on top...using this technique you create a beautiful 2-tone green background for your card design.
I'll give you the step by step directions followed by the Supply list where you can order your supplies to creat this lovely card. If you place an order online and use this month's host code (VX3RSCVK) you'll receive $5 in Stampin'Up! product from me (selected by me) for each $50 in product that you purchase.
1. Cut Shaded Spruce cardstock 8 1/2 X 5 1/2, score the long side at 4 1/4 (card base).
2. Cut Whisper White cardstock 5 X 3 3/4; adhere this layer to the card front with liquid glue.
3. Cut Soft Seafoam cardstock 4 7/8 X 3 5/8:
*Stamp the leaf image (Daisy Lane stamp set) in Versamark.
*Sprinkle liberally with Clear embossing powder and heat with Heat Tool until shiny.
*Sponge Shaded Spruce in circular motions over the entire surface of this layer.
*With a clean soft cloth or tissue wipe in circular motions to remove any excess ink from the embossed images.
4. Stamp 'Friend' (Daisy Lane) in Shaded Spruce ink on Soft Seafoam cardstock; punch with Label Me Fancy punch (#151297); adhere to card front with dimensionals
5. Punch 3 medium daisies from Whisper White cardstock with Medium Daisy punch. Adhere these 3 together with glue dots; add large Daffodil Playing with Patterns Resin Dot to center of the daisy. Adhere daisy to left of the label with a dimensional
6. Add 1 large and 2 small rhinestones as shown in photo.
Your card is ready for sending!
Supply List: Click on any product image below and you'll be in my store--oreder your supplies now: