Today we're starting a series called Creating Fun Card Designs with Designer Series Paper. Today we're featuring Plaid Tidings---this pack of paper has 24 totally awesome plaid images--they can be used for every season of the year...the card below is using a beautiful fall set of colors and images.
Doesn't that designer paper really make this card pop? And it's so simple to use because the colors are already perfect together , the pattern is already designed, and all I have to do is cut and glue! It also makes selecting the cardstock and accessories so easy--I just use colors that are in the designer paper or that contrasts well with it. Makes card designing a snao.
I'll give you the step by step directions to create this card followed by the supply list.
Remember that the Designer Series sale begins 10/1 and Plaid Tidings is on the sale list for 15% off! The entire list of designer papers on sale can be downloaded here Download 10.01.20_FLYER_DSP_SALE_US
The step by step directions are followed by the Supply list where you can order your supplies. If you place an order online & use this month's host code (NY2B74S6) you'll receive $5 in Stampin'Up! product from me (selected by me) for each $50 in product you purchase.
1. Cut Bumblebee cardstock 8 1/2 X 5 1/2, score the long side at 4 1/4 (card base); use the Scripty embossing folder on card front. Sponge lightly with Bumblebee ink.
2. Cut Bumblebee cardstock 2 1/8 X 5 1/2; adhere to card front with liquid glue.
3. Punch Plaid Tidings designer series paper 4 times with Postage Stamp punch. Adhere 3 of them on the layer above with only about 1/16 in between the pieces. Lay the 4th piece on the left side of the first punched piece and trim to the side of the card. Take the leftover piece and do the same on the right side.
4. Punch the oak and maple leaves (Autumn Punch Pack) from Bumblebee cardstock; punch acorn from Blackberry Bliss. Adhere these on the center punched designer paper with mini-dimensionals. Add 1 larlge and 2 small Artistry Blooms adhesive-backed sequins as shown in card photo above.
5. Stamp "Just a Note" (Postage for You stamp set) in Memento ink (any black in will do) on So Saffron cardstock (#105118); punch out with Classic Label punch and adhere below the designer paper punches with mini-dimensionals.
Your card is ready for sending!
Supply List: Click on any product image below and you'll be in my store. Order your supplies today: