Today I'm going to show you how to do reverse embossing on a card. What's reverse embossing...well, "embossing" is usually stamping with a wet ink, adding an embossing powder & heating with a special heat tool to melt the powder into a shiny raised impression.
Reverse embossing is using a clear wet ink (Versamark) & clear embossing powder--when you melt this with the heat tool--you'll see the color of the paper through the melted powder...then you can color over the top of the image--the image stays white (in this case because I used white cardstock) while the surrounding un-embossed area retains the color....here's our card for today...
I'll give you step by step directions followed by the Supply List so you can order the supplies you need. If you place an order online and use this month's host code (NY2B74S6) you'll receive $5 in Stampin'Up! product (selected by me) for each $50 in product that you purchase.
1. Cut Thick Whisper White cardstock 8 1/2 X 5 1/2, score the long side at 4 1/4 (card base).
2. Cut Cajun Craze cardstock 4 X 5 1/4; adhere to card front with liquid glue.
3. Cut Whisper White cardstock 3 7/8 X 5 1/8
*If you have an embossing buddy rub this across the entire piece.
*Stamp the leaf (Loyal Leaves stamp set) in Versamark across this piece
*Sprinkle with Clear Embossing Powder, shake off excess
*Heat with Heat Tool until shiny white (clear)
4. With a quarter sponge (#41337) starting in the lower right corner and working diagonally, sponge the right diagonal half of this piece with Crushed Curry. Work the sponge in circular motions.
5. With another quarter sponge starting about 1/3 of the way up from the lower right corner and overlapping the upper part of the curry, sponge Pumpkin Pie ink up about 2/3 diagongally.
6. With another quarter sponge starting about 1/3 down from the upper left corner and overlapping a bit of the Pumpkin color, sponge with Cajun Craze.
7. When finished coloring take a soft cloth or tissue and in circular motions go over the entire piece removing any excess ink sitting on top of the embossing powder.
Adhere this piece to the card front with liquid glue.
8. Cut approximately 20 inches of the copper metallic ribbon.Wrap around card front and tie in a bow on the left side above the middle of the card front.
9. Stamp "Happy Day" (Itty Bitty Birthday stap set #148618) in Stazon Saddle Brown on Crushed Curry cardstock; punch with Classic Label punch; adhere to lower right front with dimensionals.
10. Adhere one large and 2 small Artistry Blooms sequins (I used the Pumpkin ones) in an approximate triangle.
Your card is ready for sending.
Supply List: Click on any product image below and you'll be in my store--order your supplies now: