Today I'm going to show you step by step How to Turn Clear Mount Stamps into Cling Stamps.
You probably have several great stamp sets that are called "Clear Mount"--these are red rubber stamps that have a label that is shiny plastic--but this shiny plastic does not stick well to the clear blocks...they fall off easily. There are several ways to make them stick but these are usually temporary and require re-doing from time to time.
There's a very easy way to convert these Clear Mount stamps into "Cling" stamps with a label that sticks like glue to the clear blocks. Cling stamps are red rubber stamps that have a plastic label but these labels stick very very well to the clear blocks.
1. Take the excess label sheet from a Cling Stamp Set--this is the sheet from which you have labeled the stamps in your stamp set....it looks like this:
Or you can purchase a packet of the Cling Adhesive Sheets (#152452)--there are 168 cling labels in each pack ($8). Here's what the labels look like in the package--
2. I'll explain the process using the excess cling material on the label sheet
*Cut a small rectangle from the extra unused label sheet
3. Lay this on a hard surface with the 'shiny' side up; with the tip of your paper snips score a line down the center:
4. Peel off the backing starting at the score line...
5. Then apply the sticky surface (uncovered by removing the backing) to the Clear Mount stamp label
This is your new "cling" stamp with the cling material adhering to the Clear Mount label
7. Now you can adhere this to a clear block and it will stick just like a Cling stamp
If you use the Cling Adhesives labels (#152452) they are already cut into rectangles (see below--a single cling label is outlined in black and it is scored horizontally....just peel the backing from the cling material...just stick this onto the Clear Mount labeled stamp, peel off the backing layer (on which the label is mounted)...and you are ready to mount on the clear block.
When you are finished stamping, be sure to clean your stamp with Stampin'Mist, peel gently from the clear block and store in the stamp case. If you leave the stamp mounted on the clear block for a long period of time it will stick very securely. Be very careful to gently peel the stamp from the clear block so you will not tear the foam mounting material. Using the spatula on the Take Your Pick Tool will help release the label from the clear block.
Enjoy your new 'cling' stamps..if you have any questions call me at 410 836 8016 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org