How to Make a Fuzzy Card
August 19, 2020
Today I'll show you How to Make a Fuzzy Card! If you enjoy texture in your cards--this is the card for you! Take a look...
You can almost see the "fuzziness," right? That's the Festive Felt from the new August-December Mini Catalog (hereafter called the Holiday mini). There are four sheets in a pack (red, green, white, expresso) and the sheets are 6 X 12 which gives you tons of material to play with.
These felt sheets cut beautifully with the open dies on the new Die Cut & Emboss Machine (coming September 1st --they cut as well on the old machines). I used the Freezin' Friends for this card---even those tiny white stars were die cut..isn't that amazing?
And then the brilliant red "Merry" was cut from that luscious Red Velvet paper. It also cuts extremely well with the dies on the new machine (it works on the old cutting machine too)!
I'll give you the simple steps to create the card. Following the directions you'll find the supply list--use that to order what you'll need to create this card.
If you place an online order using this month's Host Code (VX3RSCVK) you'll receive $5 in Stampin'Up! product (selected by me) for each $50 in product that you purchase. Also, the month of August is Bonus Coupon cash in month! Those coupons you earned in July can be spent between August 4 and 31st.
1. Cut 8 1/2 X 5 1/2 Night of Navy cardstock, score long side at 4 1/4 (card base).
2. Cut 2 1/2 X 5 1/2 white felt (Festive Felt) and cut diagonally from one corner to the opposite corner on the other side with the landscape die (Freezin' Friends dies).
3. Lay one layer down with the wide side to the left; turn the other piece to the other side so the wide end is on the righthand side.
Adhere these two pieces in this position on the lower front of the card base with liquid glue.
4. Cut 2 large and 3 small trees (Freezin' Friends dies) from the green felt; adhere these over the snow banks with liquid glue. Adhere 3 large red resin dots to each tree (All the Trimmings elements)--these are self adhesive.
5. Cut 9 tiny stars from the white felt; adhere these to the "sky" with tiny dots of liquid glue.
6. Cut Merry (Word Wishes dies) from Red Velvet paper and adhere this to the snowbank with liquid glue.
Your card is ready for sending (and touching--it's a real touchable card)!
Supplies: Below are the supplies you'll need to create this card. Click on the Shop Now button and you'll be in my store. Order your supplies today!
*153561 Freezin'Friends dies
*100867 Night of Navy cardstock
*153516 Festive Felt Sheets
*153490 Red Velvet Paper
*149629 Work Wishes dies
*153540 All the Trimmings elements
*149629 Work Wishes Dies
*110755 liquid glue