Isn't that gorgeous--and so very easy to do. If you were in class this past weekend you learned this easy technique. We've created cards before with the background 'wash' and many were having great trouble getting a pretty wash. I was getting ready for the class and was trying to find a quick and easy way to create the wash that was readily reproducible.
Here's my solution (and it worked really well for the entire class) that cause no moaning from any of the stampers. I added approximately 10 drops of ink refill to a large brush aqua painter (darker colors work a bit better) and filled the remainder of the barrel with water. Mix well and try out the mixture on scrap--adjust with more or less ink until you achieve the results you like for your card.
One of the useful things is that now you have enough inked-water to do several cards...the coloring goes very quickly by just running the aqua painter back and forth over the cardstock you are coloring...so it's quick, economical and very easy.
I'll give you the directions to create this card below and following that is the list of supplies you'll need. Just hit the Shop Now button or click on one of the product images below and you'll be in my store. Remember...
*Use your Bonus Day coupons before the end of August.
*If you place an online order and use this month's Host code (BW6M6NHM) you'll receive $5 in Stampin'Up! product from me for each $50 in product that you purchase.
1. Cut 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 Daffodil Delight cardstock, score long side at 4 1/4 (card base)
2. Cut Basic Black cardstock 3 1/2 X 5 1/2, adhere to card base with liquid glue
3. Add 10 drops of Pumpkin Pie re-inker to the large aqua painter barrel and fill with water. Mix well. Cut Shimmery White cardstock 3 3/8 X 5 1/2. Swish the brush horizontally across the cardstock---there will most likely be some white and overlapping darker areas---this is intentional and adds a lot of interest to the background.
4. Cut 2 1/4 X 5 1/2 Basic Black cardstock, run through die cut machine using the cattails die (Friendly Silhouettes dies); adhere to bottom of painted cardstock with liquid glue.
5. Stamp verse (Friend Like You) in Stazon ink above the die cut; stamp the dragonflies in Stazon ink.
Your card is ready for sending!
Here's the supply list---click on one of the product images below and you'll be in my store. Order your supplies today!