Today I'm going to show you how to do Easy Highlighting of Dry Embossing. Dry embossing is using an embossing folder with your cardstock inside and running it through a die cutting machine (aka Big Shot). In the below picture you can see the dry embossed Woodland folder:
It's very pretty but it really stays in the background and can go unnoticed. By sponging the images with a contrasting ink, the sponge catches on the raised images and really provides a highlight that brings the image to life...look at this...
Really makes a difference, right? It is such an easy technique---you can experiment with different colors of ink to find the one that accents your card design best.
I'll explain the process in detail below and following that is a supply list. You can hit the Shop Now button or click on one of the product images in the Supply list and you'll be in my store. Order your supplies now and start highlighting your dry embossed images.
*Use your Bonus Day coupons in August before they expire 8/30/19
*If you place an online order and use this month's Host Code (BW6M6NHM) you'll receive $5 in STampin'Up! product from me for each $50 in product that you purchase.
1. Cut 8 1/2 X 5 1/2 Thick Whisper White cardstock, score long side at 5 1/2 (card base).
2. Cut Real Red cardstock 5 X 3 3/4; adhere to card base with liquid glue
3. Cut Whisper White cardstock 4 7/8 X 3 5/8; dry emboss with Woodlands folder
4. Adhere embossed piece to card front with liquid glue.
5. Cut Real Red cardstock 3/8 X 5; adhere with liquid glue to bottom of card front; cut 9" Real Red 3/8" ribbon, tie bow and adhere to red strip with glue dot (#103683)
6. Cut small dear from Silver Glimmer paper with die from Detailed Deer framelits; adhere to card front with mini dimensionals.
Your card is ready for sending!
Supply List: here are the supplies to create this card. Click on one of the images below and you'll be in my store to order the supplies today: