Want to see New Colors of Stampin'Up! Linen Thread!
The thread was the accent I wanted but it just blended into the background--not much pizzazz. Then I remembered an "accident" my friend (Diane Flayhart--thank you Diane!) experienced when she accidentally dragged her linen thread over the Early Expresso ink pad...not what she intended but, let's try it intentionally.. here's the result:
Much better, right--now that has pizzazz in spades! Thanks to Diane's accident..we have new colors of Stampin'Up! Linen thread to play with. Keep in mind that the linen thread is by nature a darker thread--so it will color better with darker colors of ink. For my experiment I used the Early Espresso Stampin'Write Marker--simply because it was less messy--but the ink pad works just fine--use a pair of scissors to hold the thread on the ink pad & pull the thread through.
I simply laid the thread on the mat & dragged the marker broadside over the thread...both techniques work fine. I'll give you directions to create this card below. Following that will be the supply list. Order your supplies so you can re-create this card--hit the Shop Now button and you'll be in my store.
*If you place your order before midnight Wednesday (July 31st) you'll receive a $5 coupon by email from Stampin'Up! for every $50 you purchase.
*If you use this month's host code (B92RHQRC) you'll receive $5 in Stampin'Up! product from me for each $50 in product that you purchase. (If you order after Wed...click on the Rewards button on my blog here and you'll see the current active code).
1. Cut Bermuda Bay cardstock 4 1/4 X 11, score long side at 5 1/2 (card base)
2. Cut Early Expresso cardstock 3 3/4 X 5; adhere to card base with liquid glue
3. Cut Pool Party cardstock 3 5/8 X 4 7/8, dry emboss with the High Seas embossing folder; adhere to card front with liquid glue (note: if you want to highlight the waves, sponge with Coastal Cabana ink)
4. Cut large oval (Stitched Shapes dies) from Whisper White cardstock (#100730); stamp seahorse (Seaside Notions stamps) in memento ink; color with Dark Petal Pink Blend; hightlight with Wink of Stella (#141897); adhere to card front with dimensionals
5. Cut Coastal Cabana 1 X 2; stamp verse (Seaside Notions) in Memento ink; glue dot to 1 7/8 X 1 1/8 Gold Glimmer paper; adhere until to card front w 2 dimensionals on right hand side. Add 3 Basic self-adhesive sequins (see picture);
Your card is ready for sending!
Supplies: click on one of the images below and you'll be in my store--order your supplies now.