Am I right--isn't that color great....and another super benefit....there's no stamping either! This is one of those cards that you can create is mere minutes when you are in a crush..but the card looks terrific!
The secret sauce is that we are using the Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper--it has several sheets with lovely designs...the one used for this card have several images that would work well with the Layering Oval dies and simply layer with a contrasting color with the next sized up oval die.
One last touch really sets off the bird images--that's a touch of Wink of Stella. If you know me for more than 5 minutes--you know I even sparkle up my dreams with a bit of Wink! (Didn't know you could do that? Just stick with me--you'll find tons of great uses for that Wink.)
I'll give you all the simple directions to create this cutie and following that will be the Supply List for this card..just click on the Shop Now button or on one of the product images below and you'll be in my store..remember...
*July is Bonus Days--for each $50 in product that you purchase, Stampin'Up! will email you a coupon for $5--you must have your current email address in their system to receive this. You will get to spend these coup0ns in August.
*And if you place your order online and use this month's host code (B92RHQRC) you'll receive $5 in Stampin'Up! product from me for each $50 in product that you purchase (excludes shipping & tax).
1. Cut Thick Whisper White cardstock 4 1/4 X 11, score the long side at 5 1/2 (card base)
2. Cut Whisper White cardstock 4 1/8 X 5 3/8; dry emboss with the Brick & Mortar embossing folder; adhere to card front with liquid glue. Using a quarter sponge (cut a sponge round into 4 pieces like a pie). sponge the brick image with Smokey Slate ink lightly to enhance the brick image.
3. Using the Layering Oval framelit that is approximately 3" at the longest part and find the image on the Bird Ballad designer paper that you like (I selected the 2 birds sitting on the branch. Cut this image with the die. Add a bit of highlighting with Wink of Stella (glitter pen).
4. Using the next larger Oval framelit (it will be scalloped) cut an oval from Bermuda Bay cardstock (#131197) (or your favorite coordinating color); adhere to back of DSP with liquid glue. Adhere this unit to the card front with dimensionals.
5. Using approximately 9" of white with silver edging ribbon, tie a bow and adhere to base of the ovals with a glue dot (#103683).
Your card is ready for sending!
Here's the supply list--just click on one of the product images below and you'll be in my store. Order now!