Tri-Colored Stampin'Up! Glimmer Paper
June 25, 2019
Today we'll be creating with Tri-Colored Stampin'Up! Glimmer Paper! Did you know Glimmer paper came in triple-colors? Well, it doesn't, but we can create that ourselves---and the best part is that we can create it in whatever colors match our project! It doesn't get any better than that.
Now take a look a this tree silhouette...
Isn't that amazing? The Granny Apple Green merges into Pumpkin pie which merges into Crushed Curry...what an array of colors and what a spectacular focal point for the card. With that image you really don't need much else except a greeting which is exactly what I did.
The coloring is performed with the Stampin'Up! Classic ink pads and the sponge daubers. Because of the rough surface of the Sparkle glimmer paper the best technique is to bounce (or pounce) the color on instead of rubbing the dauber on the paper. I find that if I hold the dauber on the ink pad for a count of 5--that's enough time for ink to absorb onto the sponge. Then I deposit the ink in a straight down motion (not rubbing). I keep up this process until I have the depth of color I want. Remember that when the ink dries on the paper it lightens a little bit--so go for darker and as it dries it becomes a bit lighter.
I'll give you the complete directions below followed by a list of supplies you'll need. Click on the Shop Now button or on one of the product images below and you'll be in my store.
Remember to use this month's host code (9EAGCTMM) when you check out and you'll receive $5 in Stampin'Up! product from me.
1. Cut Thick Whisper White cardstock 8 1/5 X 5 1/2, score the long side at 4 1/4 (card base)
2. Cut Granny Apple Green cardstock 5 X 3 3/4; adhere to card front with liquid glue.
3. Cut Whisper White cardstock 4 7/8 x 3 5/8; stamp Happy Birthday (Beautiful Day stamp set) in Stazon Jet Black ink (see pic for placement).
4. Cut a 4 X 5 Sparkle Glimmer paper; with daubers (use separate one for each color) apply Granny Apply Green ink, Pumpkin Pie ink, and Crushed Curry ink working from left to right lengthwise.
When depth of color is what you like, cut the tree silhouette (Sweet Silhouettes) using a die cut machine. Adhere this to the card front with liquid glue.
5. Adhere 3 green rhinestones (Noble Peacock rhinestones).
Your card is ready for sending!
Supply List: Click on one of the images below and you'll be in my store--order your supplies now: