For all those who do not like coloring--even sponging--today we are doing No Sponge Sponging! Aaaah, I knew that would grab your attention....this is a really fun quick way to get some multi-colors on your card with minimal effort and "no sponges."
Look at this card...see that multicolor layer under the leaf stamp? That is the "cloud" stamp from the Beautiful Blizzard (Stampin'Up!) & 3 lovely colors of ink that blend well. (Note: You don't have to clean the stamp between colors--see the instructions.)
I used Melody Mango, Calypso Coral, & Pumpkin Pie--- lovely fall colors that blend to have the appearance of brushing the colors together. Such a simple technique & simple design & what an awesome resulting card!
Below are the directions--simple & quick with a couple of fun hints to save you time & money. Following that are the supplies you'll need & how to order them.
*This is the last week to use your August Bonus Days coupons---after Sunday they will expire
*If you place an order online & use this month's host code(4UGP9PMX) you'll receive $5 in Stampin'Up! product for each $50 in product that you order.
1. Cut Thick Very Vanilla cardstock 8 1/2 X 5 1/2, score long side at 4 1/4 (card base).
2. Cut Very Vanilla cardstock 3 5/8 X 4 7/8. Stamp the "cloud" (Beautiful Blizzard) near the top in Melody Mango (lightest color). Note: since we're working from light to dark ink pads & in the same color family you don't need to clean the stamp between colors --you do if you are going to repeat the card--clean after stamping the darkest color. Now ink up with Calypso Coral & stamp about 1/2" down over the first stamped image. Re-ink with Pumpkin Pie & move down another 1/2" from the previous stamp.
3. Do a Wink of Stella Wash. Using your Heat Tool, dry the ink/Wink well.
4. Stamp the large leaf (Falling for Leaves, Stampin'Up!) in Early Espresso & immediately sprinkle with Clear Embossing Powder; heat until shiny with Heat Tool.
5. Stamp verse (Falling for leaves) in Versamark; sprinkle with Gold EP, heat with tool until shiny gold; adhere 3 gold metallic pearls.
6. Cut Gold Glimmer 3 3/4 X 5 (note: cut out the center for use in another project leaving a "frame"); adhere the frame to the back side of the stamped image with glue dots; adhere this unit to card front with liquid glue.
Your card is ready for sending!
Use the Shop Now button or click on one of the images below to be in my store & order the supplies you need.