Another take on No Sponge Sponging
September 28, 2018
Today we're creating Another Take on No Sponge Sponging.
If you missed Tuesday's card check it out here http://www.sandilovesstamping.com/2018/09/no-sponge-sponging.html
Today's card is using the same inks but a slightly different design and stamp set: Here's a closer look for the sparkle:
This is an awesome technique for silhouette stamping--it gives you vibrant colors for a black or very dark silhouette.
Below are the directions--simple & quick with a couple of fun hints to save you time & money. Following that are the supplies you'll need & how to order them.
*This is the last week to use your August Bonus Days coupons---after Sunday they will expire
*If you place an order online & use this month's host code(4UGP9PMX) you'll receive $5 in Stampin'Up! product for each $50 in product that you order.
1. Cut Thick Very Vanilla cardstock 4 1/4 X 11 score long side at 5 1/2 (card base).
2. Cut Very Vanilla cardstock 3 5/8 X 4 . Stamp the "cloud" (Beautiful Blizzard) near the top in Melody Mango (lightest color). Note: since we're working from light to dark ink pads & in the same color family you don't need to clean the stamp between colors --you do if you are going to repeat the card--clean after stamping the darkest color. Now ink up with Calypso Coral & stamp about 1/2" down over the first stamped image. Re-ink with Pumpkin Pie & move down another 1/2" from the previous stamp.
3. Do a Wink of Stella Wash. Using your Heat Tool, dry the ink/Wink well.
4. Stamp the tree sihlouette (Sheltering Tree, Stampin'Up!) in Early Espresso & immediately sprinkle with Clear Embossing Powder; heat until shiny with Heat Tool.
5. Stamp verse (Beautiful Day Stampin'Up!) in Versamark; sprinkle with Gold EP, heat with tool until shiny gold; adhere 3 gold metallic pearls.
6. Cut Gold Glimmer 3 3/4 X 4 1/8 (note: cut out the center for use in another project leaving a "frame"); adhere the frame to the back side of the stamped image with glue dots; adhere this unit to card front with liquid glue.
Your card is ready for sending!
Use the Shop Now button or click on one of the images below to be in my store & order the supplies you need.