Did you know that bold butterflies are going to be extinct? That's right, after May 31st Bold Butterflies framelits will no longer be available---nor will the beautiful Water Wings stamp set....they are both retiring forever! So before they go, I want to show you another Spring Swap card that was submitted by one of Sandi's Stampers, Susan Dockman. Isn't this lovely?
The multicolored wings are created by using a multi-step stamp set and different ink shades to get that 2 toned effect.
I'm going to give you the directions for this card followed by the list of supplies you'll need to create it. Remember
*Retiring stamp sets are guaranteed available until 5/25--not so for the other retiring products (e.g. framelits, doiliees)--they are only available while supplies last...so don't wait--order quickly. Retiring products lists can be downloaded here Download AC Retired List-US and Download OCC Retired List-US
*If you order online and use this month's Host Code (PJXK4Y3D) you will receive from me $5 in Stampin'Up! products for each $50 in product that you purchase.
Here are the card direction:
1. Cut Peekaboo Peach cardstock 4 1/4 X 11, score the long side at 5 1/2 (card base)
2. Attach doily to upper cardbase using liquid glue in the center of the doily.
3. Stamp "The Little Momets with you Matter a Lot to Me" (Watercolor Wings stamp set) in Peekaboo Peach ink in the lower right corner of cardfront
4. On Whisper White cardstock (#100730) stamp the solid butterfly image (Watercolor Wings stamp set) in Crushed Curry ink; over the top of that image stamp the image with large/small dots in Peekaboo Peach ink. Stamp the body in Soft Suede. Using the butterfly outline die (Bold Butterfly thinlets) cut out the stamped image.
5. Using the small butterfly die, cut the image from Vellum cardstock..attach to center of big butterfly with liquid glue. Adhere 3 pearls to butterfly body. Attach completed butterfly to doily center using a Stampin' Dimensional--leaving the wings unattached.
Your card is ready for sending!
Here are the supplies you'll need--hit the Shop Now button or click on one of the product images below to go shopping in my store: