The Secret to Gluing Without Glue for an Easter Card
March 13, 2018
Today I'll share The Secret to Gluing Without Glue for an Easter Card! During classes I often hear some whining about glue on your fingers....really, it's just glue & it comes off, but today I'm going to share the secret to keep the glue off your fingers!
First, look at this awesome Easter card using that absolutely gorgeous (FREE) Springtime Foils Designer Series Paper as the background.
Here's a close up of the foil paper to see foil inlays and the silver glimmer paper.
I'm using the silver foil leaf with small accents of gold foil. Now look at the spectacular cross created in silver glimmer paper....very simple, very elegant and very quick.....AND, there was NO GLUE used on this card....so you say, I'm sure Sandi used glue dots for the background layering--the foils are slick and that's typical to use glue dots. But if she used glue dots on the intricate cut-outs on the cross the glue dots will show through & be sticky.
Here's the secret---I used adhesive sheets when I cut out the cross (I'll give you the directions to re-create this card below)--this makes the entire back of the cross sticky & I just adhered it to the plain white cross (cut out with a die)---the entire cross remains "stuck" to the background cross with no buckling.
Following the card directions I'll give you the supply list to purchase the supplies you need through my store by clicking on the Shop Now button or on one of the product images below. Remember
*Sale-a-bration ends 3/31/18--so you need to place your orders (for each $50 you purchase you select a free SAB item from the SAB mini which you can download here Download 03.15.18_FLYER_3RD_RELEASE_SAB_US and Download 20180216_SAB18-2_en-US .
*For every 4 SAB freebies you earn from SU--you'll receive a reward from me (box of chocolates + $5 gift certificate)---there's no limit for the number you can earn.
*If you use this months Host code when you shop online (ZA6YXWHN) you will also receive $5 in Stampin'Up! product from me!
1. Cut Shimmery White cardstock 4 1/4 X 11, score long side at 5 1/2 (card base)
2. Cut Silver Foil 5 X 3 3/4; adhere to card front with glue dots.
3. Cut Springtime Foil DSP (silver leaf pattern) 4 7/8 X 3 5/8; adhere to silver foil layer with glue dots
4. Cut solid cross (Corsses of Hope thinlets) from Shimmery White cardstock
5. Cut Adhesive Sheet the size of the intricate cross die; remove topping (has printed writing) & adhere to back of silver glimmer paper. Using intricate die (& Precision Base plate - item #139684) cut out cross overlay--run die back & forth 3-4 times to assure good cut. (Using the Big Shot Die Brush (#144262) helps remove cut out bits.) Remove remainder of backing from adhesive sheet & adhere to solid cross pressing firmly to attach.
6. Attach cross to card front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
Your card is ready to send!
Here's your supply list--order your suppies now: