Another Secret for a Petal Garden Quilt Card
September 01, 2017
Today I'm going to share Another Secret for a Petal Garden Quilt Card. If you stopped by Tuesday you saw a really cute Quilt card created with the Petal Garden Designer Series paper and I gave you the secret for creating that simple card with a very simple secret step. If you missed the first Quilt Secret you can see it here http://www.sandilovesstamping.com/2017/08/the-secret-of-the-designer-series-paper-quilt-card.html
Today I have created another great Quilt card using the same Petal Garden Designer Series Paper:
Now you say, there's no way I can make that card with all those little tiny triangles and squares, right?You are wrong--it's not a bunch of little pieces...there's another secret I'm going to share with you in the instructions that makes this a very simple construction. After the instructions I'll give you the supply list and you can order your supplies using the Shop Now button at the right side of this blog.
REMEMBER! Today the Stampin'Up! Holiday Mini Catalog goes LIVE! You can now place orders from the new mini catalog! (Note: some items are on low inventory--so order soon to avoid delays in getting some of the new items.)
Remember to use the Host Code for this month (4QHU9AGE) when you place an online order for $50 Stampin'Up! product (excludes shipping & tax). For each $50 you purchase you'll receive $5 in Stampin'Up! product from me!
Now let me tell you the secret:
1. Cut Pool Party cardstock 4 1/4 X 11, score on the long side at 5 1/2 (cardbase)
2. Cut Calypso Coral cardstock 3 7/8 X 3 7/8; adhere to upper card base with multipurpose liquid glue.
3. Cut Always Artichoke cardstock 3 3/4 X 3 3/4; score each side at 1/8" from the edge (this is the first secret from Tuesday).
4. Cut 2 1/2 X 2 1/2 Old Olive designer paper. Here's the second secret! Line up the two opposite points in the cutting trough of your paper trimmer (item #126889) and cut with cutting blade. Adhere these big triangles to the Artichoke square with liquid glue--see the pic below. Use the 1/8" score mark to align evenly.
5. Repeat the above step with Calypso designer paper.
6. Cut 2 1/2 X 2 1/2 Pool Party cardstock and adhere point to midpoint of the designer paper with liquid glue.
7. Cut two 1 1/4 squares of floral designer paper--adhere to Pool Party square. Adhere the completed quilt block to the card front with liquid glue.
8. Punch flower (Blossom punch) from Calypso cardstock; adhere to center of quilt block with glue dot; adhere a clear Faceted Gem to the center.
9. Stamp Happy Birthday (Feathers Together stamp set) in Archival Basic Black in under the quilt block.
See wasn't that easy and doesn't it look like it took a bit of time and cutting to do it! But now you know the secret!
Now send this card to someone having a birthday and let them enjoy your simply wonderful card!
Here's the supply list--use the Shop now button to purchase your supplies: