Today I'm going to show you how to coordinate your card design by Altering Stampin'Up! Designer Series Paper. Do you ever get stuck on a card design and want to really jazz up the background without over powering the focal point---only to find you don't have anything that really goes with your design---either the color is off or the design doesn't blend well?
Here's a great tool to keep in your design belt! I wanted to use this super new stamp that has a matching punch as my focal point...it's a relative small design so I wanted my background to really add some pizzazz but also to coordinate with the stamp design...so here's the card...
Do you see what I did with the Designer Series Paper? Yep, used the sponge brayer and the ink matching the cardstock card base. The nice thing with the sponge brayer is that you can lighten or darken the background to your taste. In this case I use Marina Mist as the card base and then colored the Designer Paper withe the Marina Mist ink--it looks fantastic--plus with the sponge brayer your background can exhibit lighter and darker areas that really make it awesome!
I'm going to give you the directions and then the supply list. You can shop in my store (Shop Now button at the right) and if you use the current month Hostess code (4QU9AGE) you can earn $5 of Stampin'Up! product for each $50 you purchase in Stampin'Up! product from me!
Here are the directions:
1. Cut 4 1/4 X 11 Marina Mist cardstock, score on the long side at 5 1/2" (cardbase)
2. Cut 3 3/4 X 5" Night of Navy cardstock.
3. Cut 3 5/8 X 4 7/8 snowflake designer paper (Merry Little Christmas DSP); sponge brayer lightly with Marina Mist Classic ink. Note: you will get lighter and darker areas depending on the amount of ink you absorb onto the sponge. Adhere to the Navy cardstock with multipurpose liquid glue.
4. Cut 5" piece of Navy gingham ribbon, adhere both ends to the back of the navy/designer paper unit using liquid glue. Adhere this unit to the card front with liquid glue.
5. Stamp tree/deer image (Merry Little Labels stamp set) in Night of Navy Classic Ink on Whisper White cardstock; punch out with Everyday Label punch. Adhere over center of ribbon using dimensionals.
6. Adhere one rhinestone to one large stare in the stamped image and 3 more in snowflake centers on the designer paper.
Your card is completed! Now you have one Christmas card ready for sending...keep up the good work!
Here's the supply list