The Secret of the Designer Series Paper Quilt Card
August 29, 2017
Today I'm going to tell you The Secret of the Designer Series Paper Quilt Card. I fell in love with the Petal Garden Designer Series Paper and wanted to create a card with it so I created a Designer Series Paper Quilt. The beauty of this quilt is not only in the designer paper design but the simplicity of creating it and the fact that you can use the same design with many of the designer series papers. Here's today's design:
One of the common complaints for creating a card like this is the even positioning of the squares so that the borders (around the edges and within) remain relatively even. There's a simple secret to creating and maintaining those even borders...I'll explain that in the directions below. Following the directions I'll give you the list of supplies.
You can order your supplies in my store by hitting the Shop Now button at the right side of the page. Remember you only have 2 more days to cash in those $5 Stampin'Up! coupons you earned in July. Also, remember to use the current month Hostess Code (2SEBQ4GB) when you place an online order for $50 or more in product (excludes shipping & tax)--for each $50 in Stampin'Up! product you order you'll receive $5 in Stampin'Up! product.
Here's the directions for this card:
1. Cut Sweet Sugarplum cardstock 4 1/4 X 11, score on the long side at 5 1/2 (cardbase).
2. Cut Basic Black cardstock 3 5/8 X 3 5/8; adhere to top of the cardbase with mutipurpose liquid glue (refer to picture for placement).
3. Cut Always Artichoke cardstock 3 1/2 X 3 1/2. Here's the secret you've been waiting for...using your Stampin'Up! paper trimmer (item #126889), score all four sides at 1/8" from the edge. This will be how you line up the quilt blocks to create the even borders.
4. Cut five 1 inch squares from small flower print (Petal Garden Designer Series Paper). Cut four 1 inch squares from coordinating Old Olive paper. Now, take one floral square & adhere it to the Always Artichoke square (use liquid glue) by lining up the top & left edges with the score marks in the upper left corner.
5. Repeat this in the other 3 corners using the score marks as your guide. Then adhere the Olive square between the 2 floral squares on all 4 sides.
6. Lastly, adhere the fifth floral square in the middle using the outside square of squares as your guide.
7. Tie a 6" piece of 1/8" Old Olive ribbon in a small bow; adhere to middle of middle square using a glue dot (item # 103683).
8. Stamp Thank You (One Big Meaning stamp set) in Archival Basic Black ink below the quilt squares.
See how easy that was? Using the score lines means you'll have that beautiful even border and then placing the center square is a piece of cake. (Oh my, let's not talk about cake--you know how I am with sweets!)
Here's your supply list, use the Shop Now button at the right side of this blog: