I'll Share a Secret...Wink, Wink!
March 31, 2017
I've had several stampers ask me a question this past week, so I'll Share a Secret...Wink, Wink!
The question I've been ask is "how do I get my Wink of Stella to work? I've squeezed and squeezed and I can't get the sparkle to come out."
Well, I can help you with that! Follow these steps and I bet you won't have any trouble:
- Unscrew the top & bottom of the white case.
- Remove & throw away the black ring between the top & bottom.
- Screw the top & bottom back together; gently squeeze the 2 pressure points on the side of the barrel until you see the sparkle coming into the brush.
Note: To store, stand it upright so you can read either Clear or Gold on the end.
But, that's not the secret I want to share with you! Did you know you can have Wink of Stella in all the Stampin'Up! colors? Yep, I just created this cute tag and all the flowers and leaves are "WINKING" in the Stampin'Up! colors...
now I admit it is difficult to see in my photo because I cannot seem to capture the sparkle....but trust me it is really very lovely when the whole bouquet sparkles like crazy and I can get lighter and darker shade without losing sparkle.
Here's how to get the Winked colors:
- Stamp the image that you want to use in Archival Black ink. Let it dry completely.
- Squeeze the top & bottom of the Stampin'Up! Classic stamp pad together (while it is closed) so that ink is deposited on the lid of the container.
- Take your Clear Wink brush & touch the ink in the lid and begin brushing your image.
- Continue dipping the Wink brush in the color until you complete your image...note, you can lighten & darken the color without affecting the shimmer because each time you dip into the color more Wink flows out as you paint.
- If you want a lighter shade, pull the ink out in to a small stream from the main puddle in the lid. If you want a darker shade, work with the undiluted ink in the lid or do more layers--remember it will not lessen the shimmer because the Wink is renewed as you paint.
To clean between colors, just brush on a scrap of paper until it is clear Wink.
Note: for the tag the wheel barrow image was stamped on Whisper White cardstock with Archival Black ink (You're Sublime stamp set). Cut this with Stitched Shape framlits and the layers with Layering Circle framelits. Thread 1/8 Silver ribbon through the hole punched with 1/8" circle punch.
Here's the supply list. Use the Shop Now button to order your supplies: