DIY Valentines Mailbox
February 07, 2017
Need a sweet little Valentines treat...check out this DIY Valentines Mailbox--ready to stuff with sweet treats and a little love note!
This quick mailbox uses the Stampin'Up! Sending Love Designer Series Paper Stack with 16 terrific designs to select from--they are all in red and white-- one side is "love" focused...the other side is a general design,
Use the Shop Now button at the top of the page to order your supplies.
Don't forget there are tons of rewards in effect:
- Sale-a-bration (free item from the SAB mini catalog for each $50 in product that you purchase)
- Sandi's Sale-a-bration Reward (for every 4 SAB freebies you earn, you receive a Window box with Ghirardeli chocolate + $5 Stampin'Up Gift Certificate
- Change to win $50 Stampin'Up Gift Certificate (for each $50 Online order using the current month's Host Code (763F3N3M) your name is entered in the February drawing for the Gift Certificate)
Here are the directions for the Mailbox:
- Cut 2 pieces of Real Red Cardstock 1 1/2 X 2 7/8 -glue together with the multipurpose liquid glue (mailbox base)
2. Cut a piece of Sending Love DSP 6 X 2 7/8; score 3/4" from each long end; bend on the score lines and adhere to the above base.
3. Cut Real Red cardstock 4 1/8 X 5 5/8"; short side up--score 1 3/8" & 2 3/4; turn the cardstock with long side up, score at 1 3/8" & 4 1/4. Bend all score lines and cut up to the score line on both long sides. See the picture.... on all 4 flaps, cut a long slender V from the inside of each flap to help fold the flaps. Using Tear & Tape (Item number: 138995) on the flaps (as shown in the picture) adhere the flaps to the inside of the drawer walls. Slide drawer into the mailbox base.
4. Cut a 18" piece of 3/8" Real Red Satin ribbon, tie around the mailbox in a bow.
5. Stamp the heart (Lift me Up stamp set) in Real Red classic ink on Shimmery White cardstock. Cut out with the smallest plain heart (Sweet & Sassy framelits); cut a larger heart with the next larger size of plain heart framelit from Red Glimmer paper. Adhere these hearts together with glue dots. Punch a hole in the heart using the 1/8" handheld punch. Thread an 8" piece of Cherry Cobbler twine through the hole and tie around the red ribbon bow.
Your mailbox is ready to stuff with treats! Enjoy!
Here's the supply list--use the Shop Now button at the top of the page to order your supplies: