Some of you who attended classes at my studio recently have seen this card--it's the DIY Faster than Fast Card! Some of you asked for the directions and so I'm going to give them to you today!
The super fun thing ab0ut this card us using the Serene Scenery Designer Series Paper Stack as the background. These fun scenes really don't need much adornment to create a really awesome card! And since there are 4 sheets of each design (there are 12 designs) you don't have to do one of a kind--you can do 4 of the same design which cuts down on your design work.
I want to remind you that the Hostess Code of the Month is usually posted in one of the first few posts of the month--so if you miss it--just scroll down until you find the current code. Why do you need that code--because if you placed an online order for $50, your name will be entered into a drawing at the end of the month for a $5o Stampin'Up! Gift certificate...this months code posted on 2/1 is 763F3N3M. And don't forget that Sale-a-bration is in effect so for each $50 you purchase in Stampin'Up! product you can select a free item from the SAB mini catalog!
Here are the directions for the card and below is the supply list--use the Shop Now button at the top of the page to order your supplies.
1. Cut a piece of Crushed Curry cardstock 8 1/2 X 5 1/2, score the long side at 4 1/4 (card base)
2. Cut a piece of Basic Black cardstock 4 X 5 1/4; adhere this to the card base front using multipurpose liquid glue. Cut the Dandelion designer paper at 5 1/8 X 3 7/8--adhere this to the black layer using liquid glue.
3. Cut a large dragonfly (Detailed Dragonfly Thinlets) from gold glimmer paper using the Precision Base plate on the Big Shot (sandwich = Magnetic platform, precision base plate, glimmer paper, dragonfly die, standard cutting pad). Roll the die through a couple of times and leaving the paper in the die--use the Die Brush and foam mat to help push out the small waste pieces. Adhere the dragonfly to the front of the card using glue dots.
4. Stamp "Thinking of You" (Feathers Together) in Archival Black ink at the top left of the card front.
5. Adhere 3 gold metallic enamel shapes in a triangle around the dragonfly!
Your card is completed---very very fast, right?
Here's the supply list: