DIY Card with Inside the Lines - a Quick Coloring Technique
February 03, 2017
If fussy coloring is not your style, then this DIY Card with Inside the Lines Designer Series Paper - a Quick Coloring Technique might be just the ticket for you!
If you remember the blog post last Tuesday http://www.sandilovesstamping.com/2017/01/diy-5-minute-card-with-no-coloring-inside-the-lines.html we used that wonderful Designer Series Paper that you can get FREE during Sale-a-bration when you purchase $50 in Stampin'Up! product. In that post we didn't use any color at all.
Today, we're going to use a very quick coloring technique that is very easy and can be used to create designer paper to match any cardstock base that you need. Check out this card:
We are using the new Sponge Brayer with the same color ink as the card base (Watermelon Wonder). The coloring with the brayer goes very quickly and you can make the color as deep or as light as you need.
Since Inside the Lines DSP is FREE, you'll want to know how you can earn it. I've created 3 "bundles" that will supply you with the products you need to create this card and earn you the FREE Sale-a-bration DSP. Note: Sale-a-bration is only in effect until 3/31/17--so order now to assure you will be able to get it.
Bundle 1: Watermelon Wonder cardstock and Classic ink, Basic Black cardstock, Gold Foil, multipurpose liquid glue, Sponge Brayer, Gold Glimmer paper, Bitty Butterfly punch, Glue Dots, Classic Label punch, Blushing Bride cardstock, Dimensionals ($102--you earn 2 SAB Freebies)
Bundle 2: Bundle 1 above + Special Reason Clear Mount stamp set ($122--earns 2 SAB Freebies)
Bundle 3: Bundle 1 above + Special Reason Clear Mount Bundle ($154.75 + 3 SAB Freebies + 15.47 Host Rewards)
Here are the directions for the card:
1. Cut Watermelon Wonder cardstock 5 1/2 X 8 1/2; score the long side at 4 1/4 (card base); run the front of the card base through the Brick Wall embossing folder.
2. Cut a piece of Inside the Lines DSP 3 X 3 & brayer with Watermelon Classic Ink:
3. Adhere this to a 3 1/4 X 3 1/4 Basic Black cardstock with multipurpose liquid glue. Adhere this unit to 3 3/8 X 3 3/8 piece of Gold foil using glue dots.
4. Punch two butterflies from Gold Glimmer paper with the Bitty Butterfly punch; bend the wings back and adhere to the DSP square with glue dots.
5. Stamp "happy birthday" (Special Reason stamp set) in Archival Black ink on Blushing Bride cardstock; punch with Classic label punch and adhere to lower card front using dimensionals.
Your card is complete!
Here is the supply list..use the Shop Now button at the top of the page and order your supplies: