DIY Inexpensive Quick & Easy Christmas Treats for Dogs
October 22, 2016
As the holidays draw nearer we can get started on our DIY Quick & Easy Christmas Treats for Dogs. Yes, you heard me! Check this out!
Wouldn't this be a great little stocking stuffer and treat for your "best friend?" How cute is this....and the best part is that it can be done in just a few minutes using the Stampin'Up! 2 X 8 cello bags.
Here's another idea...why not whip up a dozen or so and deliver them to your vet...have them put in a small basket on the reception desk and sell them to pet owners.....the vet can use the proceeds to offset the many pro bono acts of kindness they do every year.
Here are the step by step directions for this little treat and the supplies are listed below.
1. Fill the 2 X 8 cello bag with the small doggie treats (I purchased mine at my favorite non-Stampin'Up! store--the Dollar Tree).
2. Using the Layering Circle Framelits (the 2 1/2 scalloped one) cut one from Gold Glimmer paper and one from Vanilla cardstock.
3. Place a strip of Tear & Tape at the top and bottom of the Vanilla circle...see picture below.
4. Place a strip of Tear & Tape to the back bottom of the gold glimmer circle.
Remove the tape covering on the bottom of the Vanilla circle and adhere this to the back top of the cello bag. Remove the backing of the top piece of tape on the Vanilla circle and adhere the top back of the Gold Glimmer circle (now the 2 circles are attached at the top only. Uncover the bottom tape on the Gold Glimmer and adhere to the front top of the cello bag. (Now you have "clothespinned" the cello bag with the 2 scalloped circles).
5. Stamp the cute puppy (Stampin' Up! Bella and friends) in Archival Black ink on Very Vanilla cardstock. Using your Aqua Painter and Cajun Craze reinker, color the puppy. Color the heart and the collar with Real Red and Cucumber Crush Stampin' Write markers (By the way, you can get the Real Red marker and the Crumb Cake marker from the Stampin'Up! Holiday mini catalog as a pair right now.)
Cut out the colored image using the 2 3/16 plain circle framelit and adhere to the center of the Gold Glimmer scalloped circle using Glue dots.
Cut a piece of Real Red cardstock 2 1/4 X 3/4. Cut a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock 1/2 X 2". Stamp Merry Wishes (Oh What Fun stamp set by Stampin' Up!) in Cucumber Crush Classic ink. Adhere the stamped piece to the center of the Red Label cardstock with Stampin' Dimensionals.
Punch a 1/8" hole at the bottom of the gold glimmer circle and the top of the Red label. Using a 10" piece of red twine, loop through the top of the red label, bring both ends of the twine from back to front of the gold circle and tie in a bow.
Now your treat is complete and your doggie will love you for such a great Christmas treat!
Here are the supplies you'll need. Use the Shop Now button at the top of the page to order what you need: